The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PBF won easy.

The only people that think DLH won are those who think volume >>>>> accuracy and landed shots.
I could hardly watch I was that tired lol
Reply 182
And i couldnt watch it :angry:

Where du think PBF goes from here? ... id like to see him go against calzaghe, someone will have to get their record scratched in that fight :redface:
T_Bag

Where du think PBF goes from here? ... id like to see him go against calzaghe, someone will have to get their record scratched in that fight :redface:

That's obviously an unwinnable fight for Mayweather. Calzaghe is nearly a lightheavyweight.
Mayweather says that he's retiring now.

Nice way of saying "I don't want to fight Ricky Hatton because I want to end unbeaten".

Wanted DLH to win as he's not a gob****e.
Reply 185
wow, crap ending, beating DLH and retiring isn't much of an exit
Reply 186
I always said if it went the distance it would go to PBF. He doesn't fight like ODLH, and even Oscar said that "if I didn't come forward, there would have been no fight". PBF sits on his ass doing crap but trying to outbox someone on the counter (which is good boxing - but it irritates me). He's too quick, and to me, he's always fought opponents he knows he can beat. The only fights I give PBF credit for are:
- Castillo
- Oscar De La Hoya
- Corrales (he was in his prime at the time)

Oscar has fought better. I think PBF would become the ultimate p4p if he beat Margarito and Hatton, period. Then I owuld button my mouth and ravish him with praise. This is partially the reason why I don't give Calzaghe that much respect.

Fight was so close to a draw as well. First judge awarded 1st round to PBF when it was clearly a ODLH round. If that round was given, the fight was a draw.
If Floyd can beat Oscar, he can beat Margarito.
Reply 188
^ Margarito has speed and athleticism. ODLH and Margarito are nothing alike. PBF has even turned down a lovely offer from him.

It's still possible for Hatton, but only at Welterweight. But I don't think that would matter as PBF doesn't carry his strength into 147lb either. That's what makes his 154lb pretty good boxing. He was clever not to go toe-to-toe all fight (which he never does anyway).

Anyway - it would frighten me that Hatton would get picked apart too easily. BUt on the flip-side, his coming forward with endless energy would unnerve PBF.
Reply 189
PBF should fight paul williams, i think he'd give him problems with his height and volume of punches. what do you think?
Corrales dies in accident

Sad news for boxing fans. Will undoubtedly be remembered for winning one of the greatest fights in history.
Reply 191
I can't believe it. That guy was a warrior. RIP
Wow that's awful. RIP Diego Corrales.
Reply 193
Just mentioning him in #190.

Can't believe it - awesome warrior. He always delivered a fight to remember. Couldn't believe it coming home seeing in in the paper with his bike smashed up.

Diego Corrales: Rest in Piece.

Edit: Hatton & Castillo dedicating fight in his name
Mayweather-DLH fight has been confirmed as the richest fight in history, grossing 120million dollars.

Just re-watched the Ali-Foreman fight of 1974 (rumble in the jungle). I've probably seen it 10 times, but it was still highly entertaining. Was funny watching Foreman just slugging after round 3/4...completely wasted all of his energy :biggrin:.

Ali was the greatest boxer of all time.
Klinsmannic

Ali was the greatest boxer of all time.

Sugar Ray Robinson has more claim to that title.
Reply 196
Fidelis Oditah
Sugar Ray Robinson has more claim to that title.

I disagree, Ali was so great because of how smart a boxer he was, and what he accomplished with his cloever boxing. And his fights were amazing.

I think.... Rumble in the Jungle > Thriller in Manila

What do u think? ...i think the Ali Bumbaye chants were awesome too lmao :biggrin:
Ali was more the fans' number one. Knowledgeable boxing fans i.e. boxing purists know that SRR was number one.
I think the situation going on when Ali was around helped made him such an Icon...

Whether he is the greatest, i don't know... i've never seen all the best possible boxers and felt the atmosphere at the time,... but I know Ali was the peoples champ and that that could either make him the greatest or look over rated. I don't think it's really worth argueing about, as different people will think different things.

But one thing's for sure, the Rumble in the Jungle is one quality fight :biggrin:
Technically, the Sugar Rays were superior (and many others), no doubt. Ali was very unorthodox, particularly with his low hands, but his boxing style replicated his personality which is one of the reasons he had so many fans. During the greatest era of boxing Ali was the only one to defeat all the other major contenders at the time...none of the other heavyweights managed that feat.

'Greatest' doesn't imply technical proficiency, there's more to it than that.

Latest