The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not growing towards Fury particularly. I like the way he wants to fight rather than box, though. That's refreshing. Wlad's fights are always dull affairs, and this one will be no different imho. Heavyweight clashes are very rarely entertaining in the modern day, but I guess if anybody can change that, it's Fury.
I want Fury to win & then fight Deontay. The build up and fight would be amazing and be a great advert for heavyweight boxing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I caught a few minutes of the BTR for Fury and warmed to him a tad. He seems more egocentric in front of the cameras, naturally, to promote fights but he doesn't seem so bad that I don't want him to win. It'd be great if he did it in convincing fashion like he said he will with a KO but would it be considered a massive upset compared to the ones in the past in heavyweight history? He's not a rookie but maybe it is in terms of experience compared to Wlad.
Whats the point of this post??
Only one pound in it at the weigh-in. Fury looked leaner than he has in the past. I reckon we'll have an explosive start from him.
Fury's going to KO that pumped up stiff European
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Fury's going to KO that pumped up stiff European

I wish I could see your reactions during the fight if he wins. Film yourself.
Very boring fight.

Both guys were holding far too much, I was starting to wonder whether this was boxing or wrestling I was watching.

Wlad didn't do sod-all.

Respect to Fury. Did what was necessary. Connected a few times. Very strange boxing style he's got. I reckon now he's settled into his unorthodox style really well. I want to see him vs Joshua.

Wlad still has the most attractive wife of any boxer though. Closely followed by Froch and Canelo.
A very, very poor fight - but as expected. Every big fight is a disappointment really, but I enjoyed the detente between the pair at times.

Klitschko seemed to be a pale pale imitation of his former self. He had problems from round one. I'd never seen him start so aggressively so early in the past. I'm sure, whatever was wrong with him, will come out. Injury? Past it? Psyched out?

Mad respect for Tyson. Did the job - and how! Unanimous in Düsseldorf. Quite the feat.

DeGale won on points, too, in the most predictable finish to a boxing match I've ever encountered.
I really want to see Fury vs. Wilder now. All 4 heavyweight belts on the line. Doubt they'd let that happen to Fury, they'd want him to be heavyweight champion for longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It just proves that for years Wlad and Vitali's only real talents were being bigger than their opponents.
Wilder would beat Fury. Has that serious knockout punch in him. Joshua to dominate for years to come in the future.

Wlad seriously ****ed up his reputation. Got outboxed by Tyson ****ing Fury. :biggrin:
Original post by Mackay
It just proves that for years Wlad and Vitali's only real talents were being bigger than their opponents.

Go and watch Wlad vs Wach
Original post by Rk2k14

Wlad seriously ****ed up his reputation. Got outboxed by Tyson ****ing Fury. :biggrin:

I think Fury is a lot better at boxing than he first appears. He seems to be perfecting this unorthodox ungainly style which seems to confuse his opponents. I think he's got a lot better as his opponents have got better.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Go and watch Wlad vs Wach

imagine telling someone to go watch a wlad fight.

like watching the rain drip down your window isn't more interesting.
Original post by swirly
imagine telling someone to go watch a wlad fight.

like watching the rain drip down your window isn't more interesting.

Swirls, fights aren't always supposed to be interesting.

Watch between the lines ya feel me. :wink:
Would say watch a beast in action but he's really pissed me off now.
Fury's style is awkward - for a guy of his size and shape, you'd expect him to be more clumsy than he is at times, but he did more than Wlad last night. Wlad wanting a rematch is fighting talk but I'd be amazed if he fought again, never mind have a second go at Fury.

De Gale wins over Bute, hopefully goes for Badou Jack for a unification challenge.
Original post by Aky786UK

De Gale wins over Bute, hopefully goes for Badou Jack for a unification challenge.

Really exciting division, in truth. Especially if Froch reappears.
Don't see why Froch is talking about GGG.

Stick to DeGale mate.
Original post by Rk2k14
Don't see why Froch is talking about GGG.

Stick to DeGale mate.

Moneeeeeyyyyyy

Latest