Scroll to see replies

what a joke lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6132408.stm

Big no no for Calzaghe
Klinsmannic
what a joke lol:

Big no no for Calzaghe

WOW where did that come from?! (not literally)
I heard that rumour immediately after the Lacy fight and thought it was a non-starter. Evidently not...

Warren is desperate to land Calzaghe that big money, once in a life time fight, that will solidify his legacy. I think they see Manfredo as a stepping-stone for that fight. The article suggests Jermaine Taylor as that fight, who I enjoy watching, and it would be an awesome spectacle. Once he beats them two, he can fight Kessler. But I would love to see him in the ring with B'Hop before they retire, it's a bigger fight than Taylor in terms of glamour but not as difficult imo...probably won't happen though.
Klinsmannic
I heard that rumour immediately after the Lacy fight and thought it was a non-starter. Evidently not...

Warren is desperate to land Calzaghe that big money, once in a life time fight, that will solidify his legacy. I think they see Manfredo as a stepping-stone for that fight. The article suggests Jermaine Taylor as that fight, who I enjoy watching, and it would be an awesome spectacle. Once he beats them two, he can fight Kessler. But I would love to see him in the ring with B'Hop before they retire, it's a bigger fight than Taylor in terms of glamour but not as difficult imo...probably won't happen though.

for those fights to happen in that order would probably be the Calzaghe/Warren dream and sure would grant Clazaghe with his legend status he deserves... as long as he remained unbeaten that is :p:

As for Manfredo, he would be eaten alive by Calzaghe, i've seen a few of his fights since the contender and his style isn't the type that would trouble Joe.

Although building that US fanbase seems like a simple stepping stone
Reply 84
Klinsmannic
what a joke lol:

Big no no for Calzaghe

I agree, what an insult to competitive boxers. No wonder they think Calzaghe is a joke and a runner. All I've ever heard from Warren is the next fight for Joe is a 'mega fight', and its just not happened.

Joe Calzaghe is nothing short of a joke if he is not fighting Kessler, Winky Wright, Hopkins or Taylor.

In fact, Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor I think would beat Joe Calzaghe. The others, Joe has a good chance, but fighting a nobody in Manfredo is a complete joke. He won the Contender, OMFG, he must be good. Audley won Gold at the Olympics, he must be even better!

:rolleyes:
walshie
He won the Contender, OMFG, he must be good. Audley won Gold at the Olympics, he must be even better!

lol, he didn't even win it, he was runner up (also he lost twice in the comp - lost early on but came back cos the guy that beat him got chickenpox:s-smilie: )

but yeah i agree, warren needs to deliver now and stop tryna build USA rep cos Calzaghe needs the big fights sooner rather than later...
walshie
I agree, what an insult to competitive boxers. No wonder they think Calzaghe is a joke and a runner. All I've ever heard from Warren is the next fight for Joe is a 'mega fight', and its just not happened.

Joe Calzaghe is nothing short of a joke if he is not fighting Kessler, Winky Wright, Hopkins or Taylor.

In fact, Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor I think would beat Joe Calzaghe. The others, Joe has a good chance, but fighting a nobody in Manfredo is a complete joke. He won the Contender, OMFG, he must be good. Audley won Gold at the Olympics, he must be even better!

Warren spouts hot air a lot of the time, 'tis true. I suppose you have to now and again if you're a promoter in this sport. But trying to line up a fight against a seriously slow, and generally rubbish, Manfredo is shocking behaviour. It would put backsides on seats, even if it was only for 1 round. Don't see how that would enhance JC's reputation, if at all.

On a seperate note, that brilliantly electric heavyweight division (:rolleyes:) showed promise when (philosohphy graduate) Wladimir Klitschko knocked out (former bank manager) Calvin Brock in the 7th. Rumour has it Lennox Lewis wants to fight Klitschko if 'the money is right'. If it happens, we'll all know the heavyweight division is well and truly dry, if it isn't already. You know how crap it is when guys like Skelton and Harrison are still looking for world title shots.

Speaking of Harrison, young Scott the Scally, looks well and truly banged-up :biggrin:
Reply 87
Big breath for David Haye tonight.

If I had one wish righ now, it would to be watching him live at York Hall in Bethnal Green. Come on Haye, don't let me down. :biggrin:

For 01:00hrs tonight for the WBC eliminator to fight O'Neil Bell :biggrin: - stuff Marcarinelli, Haye would outbox him all day, every day. Bit like Mayweather outboxing the more powerful Baldomir, although Haye has a more potent punch which would IMO cause more KO's than Enzo.
walshie
Big breath for David Haye tonight.

If I had one wish righ now, it would to be watching him live at York Hall in Bethnal Green. Come on Haye, don't let me down. :biggrin:

any way of watching it online that you know of??
Reply 89
cjmcnair
any way of watching it online that you know of??

First off before I respond. . . . .

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! What a class boxer. Haye was amazing, truly astonishing. He outboxed him superbly, just as I thought. In all fairness, the fight should have been wrapped up prior to that, in I think it was the 6th, where Haye just completely destroyed him, but the ref never intervened. It took his corner to wave 'no more' on the 9th for it to be finally over. Haye also showed tonight that he can take a punch or two. He really took a punch, something critics have been having a pop at for a bit, since his knockout from Thompson. He also showed that he has the stamina, and I know for one second that any dounts over that were laughable. Boxing fans saying 'Hayes can't last 12 rounds' pfft! :rolleyes:

Too cjmcnair, I'm sorry its a bit late. There is also another known follower out there, and he does occassionally put David Haye up on You Tube. Just hope he does, and watch the full 9 rounds - true masterclass and boxing skill. Forget Calzaghe for one moment, Haye is the one. If you can ever get to see this live, do it, its got to be doen :biggrin:
soooo.... what a suprise, Harrison is going to be a no show.....

anyone know if there is a step in or change in fight schedule for the ITV coverage,....

i guess they might just get the William,Harrison rights once sky have shown it live.... then continue with the Khan fight....

but Warrens real p*ssed
Reply 91
Scott Harrison is a has been - Cook would have beaten him anyway I reckon. Don't like boxers with no respect.

Audey 'A-Force' Harrison beats up Danny Williams. Not to put a downer on the wannabe celeb, but Danny Williams changed his game plan when he took that cut on his eye. If that didn't happen, total different fight, although Audley was looking better than normal. But his looking at the camera afterwards and downing McGuigan for criticising him in his last fight, just shows me that Audley Harrison will never get along with the British public. He's a prat, and if he ever fought Vladmir Klitchsco, he'd get beaten up badly by his power.

Anyway forgetting Audley, because he's just annoying, I'd rather turn my thoughts to Amir Khan who I do love, and would pay to watch!

Amir was an inspiration tonight. He boxed clever, reserved his energy well, counter punched beautifully, and used his speed to great effect. His only downfall was his defence, although he showed he could take a few punched (and namely at light welter may I add). Amir has the height not just to destroy everyone on the lightweight division, but also the light welter by the time he gets up to 30 or so fights. He would pick apart Ricky Hatton, although Hatton would inevitably cobber him at this moment in time. But I'd liek to see Amir climb a weight later on defintiely as the talent is there. Barrera will be pass it then, and Pacquaio maybe still around. Morales will be gone as well.

Anyway, I hope Danny takes heart in what he tried to do. He's a brave boxer, endeared himself to the public unlike Audley, and is always up for any fight at a moments notice without a whinge. Great fighter.
Reply 92
yes amir khan is great but danny has seen his best days gone.
anyone know where i can watch the fights online?
thanx in advance for your help.
Khan was impressive considering Drilzane is a light-welterweight at least, and that this was his first ever 10 rounder. He did get caught a bit, but he looked generally much more composed.

I feel sad for Danny Williams. He wasn't in shape again, and looked more sensitive to cuts and bruises than usual which is maybe a sign he's carrying a bit too much weight. Audrey did well to be fair, but I agree that without those cuts Williams would have had a decent chance.
Reply 94
So glad Audley beat Danny yesterday, he just seemed like a bit of a cocky prick (esp sitting in the corner chilling out and saying he was going to end Audleys career) and had it coming to him really. Although it did look as if Danny was playing a bit better after his cut.
Reply 95
YouTube is the best place.
Also: http://www.boxrec.com/
Look on the forum, some people will have the odd link to a fight :biggrin:

Totally agree Klinsmannic :smile:
Cortez
So glad Audley beat Danny yesterday, he just seemed like a bit of a cocky prick (esp sitting in the corner chilling out and saying he was going to end Audleys career) and had it coming to him really. Although it did look as if Danny was playing a bit better after his cut.

Danny Williams is the people's boxer- Harrison has been the one acting like a cocky celebrity the last 6 years. It will take a long time for him to win over the fans after his behaviour, and if he keeps giving post-fight interviews like last night he may never do so. As I said, boxing-wise he deserves credit after last nights performance, but it was a long time coming and against a guy looking to bow out of the sport.
Reply 97
Klinsmannic
Danny Williams is the people's boxer- Harrison has been the one acting like a cocky celebrity the last 6 years. It will take a long time for him to win over the fans after his behaviour, and if he keeps giving post-fight interviews like last night he may never do so. As I said, boxing-wise he deserves credit after last nights performance, but it was a long time coming and against a guy looking to bow out of the sport.

Well tbh i don't know much about the history of the boxers - i just pick one on the night and hope he wins - Danny seemed like a prick so the choice was obvious :biggrin:
Fair enough.

Can someone tell me what Harrison was doing pre and post fight with that strange hand gesture accross his chest?! Baffled me. Especially after the fight, it looked like he was goading the fans or something...possibly to do with wanting a title shot perhaps!? He still has to fight Skelton who will probably beat him.
Klinsmannic

Can someone tell me what Harrison was doing pre and post fight with that strange hand gesture accross his chest?! Baffled me. Especially after the fight, it looked like he was goading the fans or something...possibly to do with wanting a title shot perhaps!? He still has to fight Skelton who will probably beat him.

i just saw it as a cut-throat jesture.... and hope he does get beaten down by the Bedford brawler

Latest