The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol Sugar Shane KO'd Mayorga in round 12 with 2.59 on the clock! :cool:

Very good refereeing btw...Mayorga was down with 8 seconds left to go, ref allowed the fight to go on, Mosely walks over to a statuesque Mayorga and takes him out with a left hook. Best link I could find

-----

As for Rubio, he did cock up by a) recommending Prescott and b) by not working on any decent plan to win the fight. It was clear Khan needed a world class trainer last year, but it never happened. It keeps dragging on and on. I do however think the best trainers would love to work with AK...Buddy McGirt isn't world class imo, but he's still a very good trainer with plenty of experience and could help take AK to another level.
Klinsmannic

Very good refereeing btw...Mayorga was down with 8 seconds left to go, ref allowed the fight to go on, Mosely walks over to a statuesque Mayorga and takes him out with a left hook. Best link I could find

-----

As for Rubio, he did cock up by a) recommending Prescott and b) by not working on any decent plan to win the fight. It was clear Khan needed a world class trainer last year, but it never happened. It keeps dragging on and on. I do however think the best trainers would love to work with AK...Buddy McGirt isn't world class imo, but he's still a very good trainer with plenty of experience and could help take AK to another level.

lol - huuuuuuge coincident tht a columbian trainer picks the best columbian boxer for khan :biggrin: lol i dont care anyway i wanted him to loose

i loled at mosley fight, shuldve been stopped first kd as he gets up touches his gloves and had no idea where mosley was :biggrin:

Klinns u watchin spurs game
Yeah. Got my fingers crossed.
lol i enjoyed that mayorga fight, i really love him i do, hes utterly mental.
Klinsmannic

-----

It was the promoter that picked the opponent, Rubio probably had little say in it tbh.

Anyway, no matter who Khan fights he's always gonna have chin problems. He just can't defend himself. If he can get knocked out with a couple of shots, despite having his guard up fully, then no matter who he fights it will be tough.

Mosley is one lucky ************. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that fight. It was just ridiculous. As the commentator said, you wouldn't have believed it if it was in Rocky VII. I feel bad for Mayorga, even though he's a bit of an asshole, he totally deserved to win the fight. Sugar is way past it and should hang 'em up asap.
shamrock92
It was the promoter that picked the opponent, Rubio probably had little say in it tbh.

Anyway, no matter who Khan fights he's always gonna have chin problems. He just can't defend himself. If he can get knocked out with a couple of shots, despite having his guard up fully, then no matter who he fights it will be tough.

Mosley is one lucky ************. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that fight. It was just ridiculous. As the commentator said, you wouldn't have believed it if it was in Rocky VII. I feel bad for Mayorga, even though he's a bit of an asshole, he totally deserved to win the fight. Sugar is way past it and should hang 'em up asap.

Khan knew Prescott had fire power, but he still went at him. He did alot of pre-fight talk about Precott could get knocked out at any time. I'm AMIR KHAN. Prescott was talking 4th round, how did it seem to everyone? It looked to me Prescott was just dishing out accurate shots, not going for a quick knock-out and then Khan went down like a lettice leave. :s-smilie:
fitty_mafioso
nah shane mosely still has a lot left, he almost beat miguel cotto before the mayorga fight.

Yes, a year ago...
Go Jono Thaxton! Wooo!
Fellas
Go Jono Thaxton! Wooo!

Perhaps the most underrated lightweight in the world?

A Khan - Thaxton - Murray fight cycle wouldn't go amiss.
Reply 1589
We have the heavyweight arena piping up again with Vitali comeback. He's a good boxer, and so much better than his brother.

I'm just hoping Haye shows against Monty speed, stamina and power, three combinations to be a world champion belt holder. I think he can also beat Wladmir, I really do. He has to use his stamina and speed, he really does.
Reply 1590
Pavlik -Hopkins just starting.....

http://fr.justin.tv/live_wweshow
Reply 1591
cheers
Just watched Pavlik Hopkins. I'm totally stunned. Will post again in a minute
As I say, just saw Hopkins vs Pavlik.

I don't think anyone expected this. Even Hopkins' fans wouldn't have gone for this.

Pavlik just never turned up. For a guy that averages 80 punches a round and promised even more for this fight, he looked like a total recluse. He probably threw about 15 jabs a round and one or two rights. I only saw him land one solid shot in the entire fight, and that came in the 10th.

I don't know whether it was the weight, or the elbow injury or he was just phased out, but he had no drive or power, he looked sluggish, didn't seem motivated.

You have to take your hat off to Hopkins, though. Even though I think it would have been a different fight if Pavlik had got stuck in, Bernard looked like a true pro. He set the pace, landed power shots, showed amazing speed, dictated the rhythm, kept Pavlik either too far away or too close in, landed sneaky shots, used his little tricks.
wooooO Pavlik was crap.

Calzaghe would murder him.
Because bernard is a true pro...dahh
Reply 1596
Calzaghe wouldn't murder Pavlik, he doesn't have the power in his pressure. However he would beat him on points, I expect.

To be honest I thought Hopkins beat Calzaghe as well, although that was a very close fight.

We should remember that styles make fights, and Hopkins was a horrible, horrible stylistic match-up for Kelly.

I don't really believe that Kelly had an off-night; Hopkins just absolutely negated him. The only way Pavlik could have won is if the fight had been scheduled for 20 rounds, like in the old old days - then he might have tried to outlast the old man.

Props to B-Hop though, he is a true great.
kam_007
wooooO Pavlik was crap.

Calzaghe would murder him.

who's that in your sig? :eek:
Reply 1598
I agree with shamrock92 ,Hopkins broke Pavlik's rhythm with his superior footwork and fast punches on the inside.He could see Pavlik's punches coming and managed to avoid theml,with his cute defensive manoeuvers and his judgment of distance.This was a total blow-out and humiliation of the Ghost. I kind of feel sorry for him.Pavlik's opponents now have a blueprint for defeating him.This is the sort of fight that can destroy a fighter's confidence.

minimo156

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the white guy is Fedor Emelianenko.
minimo156

I know this isn't much liked in boxing circles but im going to say it anyway: "MMA"

Kevin randleman vs Fedor Emelianenko aka the greatest fighter ever.

Basically the White guy's a machine...gets dropped on his head, then 20 seconds later sub's the other guy:eek:

:biggrin:

Latest