The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Students at Queen Mary

Hi, what are the students at QM like (generalising, I know). I'm going to be applying for Politics (perhaps with management) and I'm just wondering what the students are generally like. I've heard that it's a bit chavvy, and mostly asian :s-smilie:. I haven't got time to visit the uni before applying so I can't judge for myself, but is it anything like UCL and KCL (which I liked)? Any 'rahs'? Thanks :smile:.
Reply 1
Original post by eve1795
Hi, what are the students at QM like (generalising, I know). I'm going to be applying for Politics (perhaps with management) and I'm just wondering what the students are generally like. I've heard that it's a bit chavvy, and mostly asian :s-smilie:. I haven't got time to visit the uni before applying so I can't judge for myself, but is it anything like UCL and KCL (which I liked)? Any 'rahs'? Thanks :smile:.

It's not chavy, its a very strong general mix of people from different backgrounds.
The mainly Asian thing comes out of the fact its in Mile end, but to be honest its not mainly Asian at all, in some courses mainly Asians is more prominent compared to other courses like Politics I would say.

What do you mean like UCL and KCL?
Its a campus based uni, which is quite nice to be honest, we got a nice canal going through on the edge near the accommodation, many things are changing, gym is being extended, many of the lecture halls have been refurbished.
Not sure about Politics to be honest.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending