The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2013- Southampton University

Has anyone received any offers for physiotherapy from Southampton yet? And does anyone know if its true that they don't interview physio students?

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Southampton for physio last year and I didn't hear for aaaaaaaaaages. I applied in Nov and didnt hear until some ridiculous time like March! AND it was a rejection. I was super annoyed to have to wait that long for a rejection. Hopefully you'll be more successful than me but it may be a long wait!
Reply 2
I have applied to Birmingham, Kings College, UWE, Liverpool and Southampton. Any one else applied to these??

So far I have got a reply from Birmingham only with an invitation to an individual interview on 28th November. Does any one have any tips for the interview or could tell me what your experience was like? Or an idea of things I need to take/prepare for?

Any information would be really helpful.
Nervous but very excited!
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Rowww
Has anyone received any offers for physiotherapy from Southampton yet? And does anyone know if its true that they don't interview physio students?

I also haven't recieved a reply from southampton yet, or even a notification they got my application! So I wouldn't worry :smile: I think they are just a bit slower than others!
Reply 4
Original post by rgray11
I have applied to Birmingham, Kings College, UWE, Liverpool and Southampton. Any one else applied to these??

So far I have got a reply from Birmingham only with an invitation to an individual interview on 28th November. Does any one have any tips for the interview or could tell me what your experience was like? Or an idea of things I need to take/prepare for?

Any information would be really helpful.
Nervous but very excited!
Good luck everyone! :smile:

congrats on your interview! I was told by a physio student not to mention sports too much.... if I ever get an interview! because most physio's work in the NHS, also if you are looking for anything recent to talk about the chartered society of physiotherapy website has articles from frontline magazine which would be good!
Good luck, hope it goes well!
Reply 5
Original post by Rowww
congrats on your interview! I was told by a physio student not to mention sports too much.... if I ever get an interview! because most physio's work in the NHS, also if you are looking for anything recent to talk about the chartered society of physiotherapy website has articles from frontline magazine which would be good!
Good luck, hope it goes well!

Thank you! I'll keep you posted with any tips after i've had my first one so if you get one hopefully that will help!:smile:
Reply 6
I applied 2 thursdays ago, they've acknowledged my application but I haven't heard anything since. I feel like the odds are against me with so few places but I can always hope :smile:
Reply 7
I've applied for physio this year at southampton as well as Cardiff, UWE, Birmingham and Coventry no offers or interviews yet !
I received a postcard off Southampton saying they have had mt application :smile:
Reply 8
Hey Jessica-May,

Don't worry if you have not had a reply yet. Many universities, Coventry included, receive a huge amount of applications for Physiotherapy courses and so it may be a while before you hear anything.

Keep checking your UCAS Track account for updates and thank you for applying to Coventry. If you have any questions in the meantime about the course then you can contact our Faculty of Health & Life Sciences on 024 7679 5957.

All the best,

Simon :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks!
I have not had an email to say that coventry have received my application like some of the other universities,
Do Coventry send emails when they receive the ucas forms?
I just received a conditional offer from Southampton! I wasn't expecting to hear back until next year considering they don't interview, but ridiculously chuffed!
Reply 11
Original post by apparentlyblue
I just received a conditional offer from Southampton! I wasn't expecting to hear back until next year considering they don't interview, but ridiculously chuffed!

Congratulations! that's great :smile: I havnt even had an acknowledgement from them yet, but im hoping no news=good news! have you heard from any where else?
Original post by Rowww
Congratulations! that's great :smile: I havnt even had an acknowledgement from them yet, but im hoping no news=good news! have you heard from any where else?

Hi Rowww, the only other news I've had is Bournemouth asking for more information about my application and wanting a second reference which I hope is a good thing.

Southampton sent me a postcard after I applied in acknowledgement a couple of days after my application. No news is definitely good news! When did you apply?
Reply 13
Hi Rowww, the only other news I've had is Bournemouth asking for more information about my application and wanting a second reference which I hope is a good thing.

Southampton sent me a postcard after I applied in acknowledgement a couple of days after my application. No news is definitely good news! When did you apply?

I was sent the same from Bournemouth :smile: sounds hopeful! I sent off my application a month ago, i would of thought I could of received an acknowledgement by now :s
I got a conditional offer too! dyou know how many places there are on the course? :smile:
Original post by GeorgiaRose
I got a conditional offer too! dyou know how many places there are on the course? :smile:

Congratulations! I emailled them about two weeks ago and they told me the numbers have not yet been confirmed for 2013 but that they had 16 places fr 2012 and were expecting the same.

They also said they had 700 applications last year for those 16 places. Almost 44 applications per place is so steep I really thought I' wasted a choice!

Where else have you applied? I know its early days, but do you think you'll firm/insurance the place?
Congratulations! I emailled them about two weeks ago and they told me the numbers have not yet been confirmed for 2013 but that they had 16 places fr 2012 and were expecting the same.

They also said they had 700 applications last year for those 16 places. Almost 44 applications per place is so steep I really thought I' wasted a choice!

Where else have you applied? I know its early days, but do you think you'll firm/insurance the place?

I was so surprised when they gave me an offer, i was definitely expecting a rejection with such a high number of applicants haha.
Ive applied to southampton, liverpool, manchester met, nottingham and uea
not sure which are my faves but i like southampton, manchester met and liverpool best so hopefully one of those 3 :smile:
how about you?
Original post by GeorgiaRose
I was so surprised when they gave me an offer, i was definitely expecting a rejection with such a high number of applicants haha.
Ive applied to southampton, liverpool, manchester met, nottingham and uea
not sure which are my faves but i like southampton, manchester met and liverpool best so hopefully one of those 3 :smile:
how about you?

It's my first response and I'm still in happy shock. The conditions are the lowest of the entry requirements for the ones I've applied to so I think it'll at least be my insurance. I'm hoping they'll invite us to an applicant visit day as I didn't really give Soton much serious consideration as I thought it was so unlikely I'd receive an offer!

I've also applied to Kings, Cardiff, Bournemouth and Plymouth. Cardiff is my fave but I've heard they can be funny about taking on Access students so I'll have to wait and see.

Now I've got an offer under my belt I feel much better able to handle any rejections I may get.

Have you heard back from any of your other choices?
what are your offers?? :smile:
I'm an Access student and my offer is for 30 distinctions.

Quick Reply

Latest