The Student Room Group

**Pharmacy Re-applicants 2013**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Currently dying over personal statement, when is everyone sending their ucas? I think I'm a bit late..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by sara.far93
Currently dying over personal statement, when is everyone sending their ucas? I think I'm a bit late..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It's not too late. If you'd like me to takes look and give you tips on what to write in your ps just PM me with what you have so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by popnit
Hey,
Personally, I based mine on distance from home and whether I liked the open day. But yeah, entry requirements was a big contributing factor. Not too fussed about leaderboards in all honesty. A uni is a uni at the end of the day! If you graduate from somewhere at the bottom of the leaderboard with a good degree and grade, no employer is going to decline you. Where are you thinking?

Yeah, that's basically the same with me... more or less. Just really looking at the equipment is my main concern.

I'm applying for bath, reading, cardiff, portsmouth and brighton.
Reply 23
Original post by popnit
It's not too late. If you'd like me to takes look and give you tips on what to write in your ps just PM me with what you have so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, when did you send yours? I'm assuming you're on a gap year, how's it going for you? Retaking many modules? :smile:
Reply 24
What's your opinion on these questions guys?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1373790

I'm scared something like "Explain why organic chemistry is important in pharmacy"

Literally over 3/4 of the list I can't answer. O.O
Reply 25
Original post by sara.far93
Thanks man, when did you send yours? I'm assuming you're on a gap year, how's it going for you? Retaking many modules? :smile:

Mine got sent to unis last Thursday (26th). Yep I'm retaking some modules, it's slightly easier second time round which is a bonus. In some ways I'm glad I'm taking this year out because I'll be wiser and brighter when I go to uni haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Divergent
What's your opinion on these questions guys?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1373790

I'm scared something like "Explain why organic chemistry is important in pharmacy"

Literally over 3/4 of the list I can't answer. O.O

Organic chemistry is important to pharmacy because it allows students to see and understand the composition of drugs.

Most of those questions won't even come up so no use panicking :smile: Just stay calm.
Any other specific questions, just ask.
Reply 27
Original post by popnit
Organic chemistry is important to pharmacy because it allows students to see and understand the composition of drugs.

Most of those questions won't even come up so no use panicking :smile: Just stay calm.
Any other specific questions, just ask.

Thanks so much!
Just going to take my time and think about a question before i answer.
They can't expect me to know everything right? :smile:
Thanks for your help - will yet you know how I go on :wink: xxxx
Hi, I was wondering on the maths-parts of interview questions? I didn't take maths as an AS level, but got an A at GCSE...but I seem to have forgotten most of it by now! Anyone have any tips on certain things to look over that I might get asked on?
Applied to Liverpool JM, Birmingham, Brighton, Cardiff and Aston.
Reply 29
Original post by johnny-marr
Hi, I was wondering on the maths-parts of interview questions? I didn't take maths as an AS level, but got an A at GCSE...but I seem to have forgotten most of it by now! Anyone have any tips on certain things to look over that I might get asked on?
Applied to Liverpool JM, Birmingham, Brighton, Cardiff and Aston.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, they're usually finding out % and fractions..sometimes amount of a certain drugs. I remember the ljmu test was quite hard last year but I still got an offer and my maths was awful at AS level..but like yourself, I got an A at gcse.
Anyone had an interview for Huddersfield or Hertsfordshire before??? or know what questions would come up...?? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by EatRainbows_x
Anyone had an interview for Huddersfield or Hertsfordshire before??? or know what questions would come up...?? :smile:

I've had one at hudds not herts..hudds was really informal and it was more of a chat. They asked me to name 5 drugs and what the role of a pharmacist is...also asked me a couple of things from my personal statement. Hope I helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popnit
I've had one at hudds not herts..hudds was really informal and it was more of a chat. They asked me to name 5 drugs and what the role of a pharmacist is...also asked me a couple of things from my personal statement. Hope I helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! hopefully it will be okay then... It's one of my favourite :biggrin:
Reply 33
Thanks! hopefully it will be okay then... It's one of my favourite :biggrin:

Same! When is the interview, might see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popnit
Same! When is the interview, might see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

its on th 28th of november, yours?
Reply 35
its on th 28th of november, yours?

Same! Woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! You going to the accommodation tour before hand.. ?
Reply 37
Yay! You going to the accommodation tour before hand.. ?

Yeah I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my interview for Cardiff this Wednesday, anyone have any advice on the sorts of things they will ask? I've heard it really depends who you have but still want to be as prepared as I can :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by JemmaGrossmann
I have my interview for Cardiff this Wednesday, anyone have any advice on the sorts of things they will ask? I've heard it really depends who you have but still want to be as prepared as I can :smile:

I suggest you look up some mock pharmacy qs (not necessarily for Cardiff). I haven't applied to Cardiff so don't know what they usually ask but I assume it'll be the usual stuff. If you come across any mock qs you don't know the answer to, just ask.

I have come across one person while on some experience who went to Cardiff and was saying that the interview wasn't too bad so don't stress yourself out over it, I'm sure you'll come across just fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending