The Student Room Group

**Pharmacy Re-applicants 2013**

Hey guys,

Having seen quite a few pharmacy threads, I've noticed there's quite a few re-applicants from last year. I just thought I'd start a new thread whereby re-applicants can share interview tips and details about their experience last year to first time applicants.

As a re-applicant myself, I'm more than happy to answer any questions I can. Last year I applied to (in no particular order) Sunderland, Huddersfield, De Montfort and Liverpool John Moores.

So, first time pharmacy applicants go ahead and ask your questions!
Wish you all the best on your interviews and exams! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by popnit
Hey guys,

Having seen quite a few pharmacy threads, I've noticed there's quite a few re-applicants from last year. I just thought I'd start a new thread whereby re-applicants can share interview tips and details about their experience last year to first time applicants.

As a re-applicant myself, I'm more than happy to answer any questions I can. Last year I applied to (in no particular order) Sunderland, Huddersfield, De Montfort and Liverpool John Moores.

r u applying again this year?
i am and im just a bit confused about the referee bit as i dont know who to put down. im currently in uni so should i ask my tutor?
Reply 2
Original post by amazon123456789
r u applying again this year?
i am and im just a bit confused about the referee bit as i dont know who to put down. im currently in uni so should i ask my tutor?

Yep I'm reapplying this year. I would imagine your tutor would be the best person to ask if you're already in uni :smile:
Reply 3
I am reapplying too.. which unis are you guys planning to apply to :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by godknows
I am reapplying too.. which unis are you guys planning to apply to :smile:

I'm going for Ljmu, sunderland, hudds, wolves and uclan wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by popnit
I'm going for Ljmu, sunderland, hudds, wolves and uclan wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not quite sure yet but thinking about Notts, Birmingham, Reading, UEA right now.
Reply 6
Original post by popnit
Hey guys,

Hi, when roughly do DMU contact you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Original post by Lola213
Hi, when roughly do DMU contact you?

Hi
Dmu weren't one of the quickest last year. They took their time so don't worry if you haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Oh ok thanks :smile:

Count me in.

Only applying to Reading and Herts.
Original post by popnit
Yep I'm reapplying this year. I would imagine your tutor would be the best person to ask if you're already in uni :smile:

yh ok thanks. il ask him even tho i havnt met him yet. lol. and r u at uni or takin a gap year?
Reply 11
Original post by James A
Count me in.

Only applying to Reading and Herts.

I am applying their as well! Have you got any news from hertfordshire or reading?

Original post by Lola213
I am applying their as well! Have you got any news from hertfordshire or reading?

Nope! I haven't even got my application sent off yet lol.

I'm still waiting for the head of sixth form to attatch my reference.

Because I'm not doing it through my school (im on a gap year), I might instead get one of the chief pharmacists at the hospital I'm going for Work experience to write up a reference for my ucas application. Hopefully I will be able to make an impression at the hospital.
Reply 13
Original post by amazon123456789
yh ok thanks. il ask him even tho i havnt met him yet. lol. and r u at uni or takin a gap year?

Taking a gap year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Any do's and don't s?

I'm very worried for the 1st November ! x
Reply 15
Original post by Divergent
Any do's and don't s?

I'm very worried for the 1st November ! x

Where is the interview at? :smile: don't worry, we'll get you through haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by popnit
Where is the interview at? :smile: don't worry, we'll get you through haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bath - eek!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I8150
Reply 17
Original post by Divergent
Bath - eek!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I8150

OK, dont worry! I haven't applied to Bath myself, not last year nor this year, but if there's any other re-applicants that can help you out from first hand experience that would be great.

Standard questions will apply though I think..Also, it won't hurt to do some quick research on the Uni and the city itself if you don't know much about it anyway.

If you have any particular qs regarding the interview just ask :smile:
Reply 18
Hey guys... I'm applying for pharmacy too. What did everyone base there university choices on? Just entry requirements? Leaderboards Or...
Reply 19
Original post by MacOne
Hey guys... I'm applying for pharmacy too. What did everyone base there university choices on? Just entry requirements? Leaderboards Or...

Hey,
Personally, I based mine on distance from home and whether I liked the open day. But yeah, entry requirements was a big contributing factor. Not too fussed about leaderboards in all honesty. A uni is a uni at the end of the day! If you graduate from somewhere at the bottom of the leaderboard with a good degree and grade, no employer is going to decline you. Where are you thinking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending