The Student Room Group

What to do with my life?

DELETED
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JonathanBerry
Hi all... I've reached a bit of an impasse in my life and I have no idea what I should do. So I thought I would leave my major life decisions to tsr members.
A little info about me:
GCSEs: 13A*s
A-Levels A*A*A*Aaa (Maths, Bio, Chem, F. Maths, Physics and Gen. Studies respectively - also retaking F. Maths)
BMAT (For 2012 entry): 6.6 7.3 3.5A
UKCAT (For 2012 entry): 727.5

University offers received for 2012 entry:
UCL Medicine
King's College Medicine
Emmanuel College Cambridge Medicine

University applied to for 2013 entry:
UCL Medicine
Imperial Medicine
Three blank and yet to decide - for no medical courses

Ok, so I've come from a down to earth state comp and was lucky enough to receive offers from some incredibly prestigious medical schools. Instantly without thought I accepted the offer from Cambridge due to nothing more than its name (which, perhaps isn't the worst thing to base a decision on). However after getting there: I felt completely overwhelmed; regretted not taking UCL; began to question my interest in the subject; had a number of panic attacks due to the workload; despised the people I was surrounded by (give or take the few people I could relate to); and had the prospect of my father going through cancer to contend with.
After all of that I left and decided to take a gap year. Not knowing what else to do I have reapplied for medicine at UCL and Imperial and am due to sit the BMAT (again) on the 7th of November. I also have three blank choices on my UCAS application that I have until January to fill in and was curious as to what people might recommend that I do. I would like to do a degree that offers good job prospects - but won't involve me pulling my hair out! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

...errr omg
you got 13A* and epic alevels...
You can DO ANYTHING..

Why did you drop out?
There must have been other options then?
i.e. ask for a transfer..
are you god?:eek: You can do anything you want, why not try something related to physics?
Reply 3
Sorry, but it looks like binman is in your future... :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending