The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire applicants 2013

There doesn't seem to be a thread for applicants of 2013.. So post your Course, other uni's your looking at/have chosen, your favourites etc.

I've just had a reply from Hertfordshire for an assessment test and interview on the 28th November for Child Nursing! I've also applied to York, Southampton, Cardiff and Surrey.

Anyone else doing Nursing??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying this week for Psychology :biggrin: do you know if they accept Welsh Baccalaureate as 120 points?!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hertfordshire in January looks so SO sexy right now. Thinking about applying for Law, Gov. and Politics. I haven't as yet. I've applied to Aston U, KCL, Essex, Lancaster and QMUL but fuh realz Hertfordshire looking sexy...
oh well...
Reply 3
Helloooooo, I am from Croatia and I should send my application next week, just waiting for my reference. Hopefully I will be studying tourism with spanish language.. :smile:
I hope to meet you all there next year :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by JTaki
I am applying this week for Psychology :biggrin: do you know if they accept Welsh Baccalaureate as 120 points?!

Oh really? That's cool. I have no idea sorry :/ did you look it up on their website or go to an open day?
Reply 5
I've applied to Hertfordshire for Physiotherapy and have managed to get an interview :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by shaniieexo
I've applied to Hertfordshire for Physiotherapy and have managed to get an interview :biggrin:

Congratulations! When's your interview??
Applying for maths! Whenever I finish my personal statement :rolleyes:

It would probably be my 3rd choice at the moment, behind plymouth & sussex!
Reply 8
Original post by shorttstuff
Applying for maths! Whenever I finish my personal statement :rolleyes:

It would probably be my 3rd choice at the moment, behind plymouth & sussex!

When are you thinking of applying? Yeah Hertfordshire is my 5th choice haha
Original post by chloe95
When are you thinking of applying? Yeah Hertfordshire is my 5th choice haha

When my teachers think my personal statement is done so hopefully within the next few weeks. Yeah I mean I wouldn't mind going there, I just fell in love with Sussex and Plymouth more :tongue:
Original post by chloe95
Congratulations! When's your interview??

Thank you! :smile: and its on the 21st Nov.
Reply 11
I'm defferring entry for 2013 and applying for English Language & Comms and New Media Publishing.

I'm also apply for the English Lang & Comms with two humanties subjects (Journalism & New Media Publishing) but it was pretty much just to use up a choice and because I'm quite curious about the course :-)

I haven't decided between communiting or halls yet... I live in West Essex, so not miles away but it depends on the difference between cost of rent and travel as I'd have to take two buses.
Reply 12
Got an offer for law at Hertfordshire has anyone else got any offers and what's Hertfordshire like
Applying for Marketing very soon. First choice in front of Portsmouth and Worcester. Just got back from an open day - AMAZING! Loved it! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Jbahati
Got an offer for law at Hertfordshire has anyone else got any offers and what's Hertfordshire like

How long did it take since you sent your application until they gave you an offer? :smile:
Reply 15
Hey,
I currently go the University Of Kent studying accounting and finance but I've decided to swap course because it isn't for me! If anyone wants any info on Uni of Kent feel free to ask! I'm planning on applying to study Music and entertainment industry managment at The University of Hertfordshire within the next week or so. So excited! Seems like the perfect course and uni for me :smile:
Reply 16
Applied for computing and business.
Reply 17
Original post by dfrancis94
Hey,
I currently go the University Of Kent studying accounting and finance but I've decided to swap course because it isn't for me! If anyone wants any info on Uni of Kent feel free to ask! I'm planning on applying to study Music and entertainment industry managment at The University of Hertfordshire within the next week or so. So excited! Seems like the perfect course and uni for me :smile:

*what are classes like in terms of interaction with teachers - is there an open door policy? (if i remember that correctly) - is there football/ soccer games regularly? Is there a choir? Do you leave classes satisfied with what you've done or are classes simply sessions where you show off what you already know?
Reply 18
Original post by ChoznPenn
*what are classes like in terms of interaction with teachers - is there an open door policy? (if i remember that correctly) - is there football/ soccer games regularly? Is there a choir? Do you leave classes satisfied with what you've done or are classes simply sessions where you show off what you already know?

With all of the modules I am currently doing in Accounting and Finance there is little if no interaction with lecturers during the lectures as people tend to take notes (I think this is the case with a lot of universities though), however the lecturers are very friendly and they are always on hand to help if you need them. Seminars are a lot more interactive and I tend to get a lot more out of them as they are small classes where you are able to ask anything you didn't understand in the lectures. I dont really know a lot about the football team but from what I know we have a very good football club with regular games with universities from across the country. There is a great music society at kent which have many different choirs, including Sing which is a student run choir and there is also a musical theatre choir, which I am part of and absolutely love! As for leaving classes feeling satisfied, I am changing course because I have decided its not what I want to go into and therefore my views may be different from other people but the teaching is amazing at Kent and if you pick a course that you really enjoy and have a great interest in then I'm sure you'll love it! :smile: Are you planning on applying to Kent and Hertfordshire? What course? Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by malazg
How long did it take since you sent your application until they gave you an offer? :smile:

i was very lucky i got a reply within 4 days sending it off to ucas , i have now have 3 replies within 2 weeks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending