Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LovelyJubbley
Ah ok thanks for that information.

Erm, I dont actually know :s-smilie: I am doing Automotive engineering (with motorsport). Also I don't think money is a problem, so probably just want the nicest place there is.

In that case then, go on to their website and have a read. You can also have a virtual tour of the rooms on Roberts Way and De Hav. These are the most popular (I believe) along with Telford Court. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hey guys, I'm a current first year, some of you deferred entry people might remember me from the thread last year.

Anyway, if you have any questions at all I'll be around to answer them. Anything from moving in, courses, nightlife, Hatfield itself, etc etc...although if you're going to ask, quote me else I won't see!

I hope you all get in come August, Hertfordshire tend to be pretty lenient anyway, I'm going to apply to be a freshers angel, so I'll see you all there on freshers!
Original post by LastHype
Hey guys, I'm a current first year, some of you deferred entry people might remember me from the thread last year.

Anyway, if you have any questions at all I'll be around to answer them. Anything from moving in, courses, nightlife, Hatfield itself, etc etc...although if you're going to ask, quote me else I won't see!

I hope you all get in come August, Hertfordshire tend to be pretty lenient anyway, I'm going to apply to be a freshers angel, so I'll see you all there on freshers!

Sup I got an unconditional so shall be at Hertfordshire come September.

Few questions.

How do packages arrive, are the university notified?

I am doing an Automotive engineering course (with motorsport).. Have you heard if its decent lol?

Where is the best accommodation?
Is anyone one going to do the extended pharmaceutical degree? (One year in north herts college and the rest of the degree in herts uni)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zfinlayson
Ive an offer for law too, and Hertfordshire is lovely :biggrin:

I've got an offer for Maths, I've been there loads of times, it's really nice there! :smile:
Original post by LovelyJubbley
Sup I got an unconditional so shall be at Hertfordshire come September.

Few questions.

How do packages arrive, are the university notified?

I am doing an Automotive engineering course (with motorsport).. Have you heard if its decent lol?

Where is the best accommodation?

One of my flatmates is doing that exact course, and he speaks highly of it, if you have any more specific questions I can pass them on. From what I can gather the only problem he has is that it's very theory based, and he is a more practical kinda guy, but each to their own.

Any post goes to the post room, from where you can collect it. It's opening hours are slightly annoying, but the system works well enough.

The best accommodation depends entirely on what you want, being slightly biased though, I would say Telford! :biggrin:
I got a conditional offer for primary education upper :smile:
Hey everyone! I've only just found this thread but I got an offer to study Biomedical Science back in November. Is anyone going to the open day on Wednesday 17th April? :smile:
Hi,
I firmed Herts for photography about 3 weeks ago and I haven`t heard anything since. I know its been Easter but when did you guys hear from them after you firmed? I`m worrying about applying for accommodation and don`t have a student ID.
Original post by firefly111
Hi,
I firmed Herts for photography about 3 weeks ago and I haven`t heard anything since. I know its been Easter but when did you guys hear from them after you firmed? I`m worrying about applying for accommodation and don`t have a student ID.

As I have been informed, you will only receive an email about accommodation once it has opened, which is any time now. Also, I was told I won't hear about my chosen course till August.

As regards to firming, you should receive an email inviting to partake in the #hertsistheone competition.

But if your unsure always give admissions a call, I've found them really helpful when I have been worried.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Hi,

Seconding what Sarah said, I was told accommodation was due to open at the end of March/beginning of April, so it should e any time now. Admissions said that you will be contacted with your student ID before accommodation opens, and if you aren't, you'll be able to apply with your UCAS number.

If you're worried, drop them a call/email - they're really helpful, but I wouldn't worry about it. They will contact you before anything happens that you need to know about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any astrophysics or physics people out there? :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by Dedicatedstudent
Hey everyone! I've only just found this thread but I got an offer to study Biomedical Science back in November. Is anyone going to the open day on Wednesday 17th April? :smile:

Hey, I went to an applicant day a few weeks ago, but I'm doing biomed too! Nice to find someone else who is too haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lozzy95
Hey, I went to an applicant day a few weeks ago, but I'm doing biomed too! Nice to find someone else who is too haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaay!! How did you find the open day? And have you firmed it? I'm still uncertain so hopefully this open day will help me make up my mind :smile:
Original post by EDear94
I haven't received a formal letter through the post offering me a place, but have received an email from the head of department and an update on ucas (which I've now firmed).
How else can I find my 8-digit-student-ID to set up my accommodation application portal?

I know this was like two months ago, but I firmed like three months ago, I rang them up to get student ID, but still no formal letter :/
Reply 395
Original post by Dedicatedstudent
Yaay!! How did you find the open day? And have you firmed it? I'm still uncertain so hopefully this open day will help me make up my mind :smile:

Yeah i loved it and i've firmed it yeah :smile: i want to do a placement year and it seems the best for that :smile:
Firm Choice- Computer Science with a year abroad
Insurance- Oxford Brookes- Computer Science

Is anyone else going to study Computer Science?
Was wondering is there a Waitrose nearby, as I would like to continue working part time instead of job hunting?
I firmed the other day and I'm hopefully going to be studying Philosophy and Maths if there's anyone else doing either of them. :smile:
Hi,

Hi!

I have also firmed photography at herts!
Been on a gap year this year so I think it'll be a shock to go back to education!

Where are you coming from? Likewise, i haven't heard anything about accomodation and don't have a student ID either..

How come you chose this course?

Let me know if you here anything!
Reply 399
Hey, can anyone help me? I've been accepted and want to apply for accommodation but I have no student ID. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to wait until I receive it?
Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending