Reply 60
Got a conditional for Maths! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 61
I'm thinking of applying for History but I'm put off by the ranking. Is Hertfordshire a good uni and what does it have to back up that claim? In terms of accolades?
Reply 62
Original post by xxm
I'm thinking of applying for History but I'm put off by the ranking. Is Hertfordshire a good uni and what does it have to back up that claim? In terms of accolades?

There is no such thing as a bad uni just bad students! The league tables are based on really stupid things and satisfaction of the students, every final year student is asked to fill out a survey and for the most part they will only fill it out if they have really strong feelings (positive or negative). As far as I can tell they are not based on pass rates or other important things. In the physics league last year Hertfordshire was 12th. This year it's like 20th
I have applied their for Astrophysics and had heard some negative things, but I kept an open mind until I saw it and I loved it it's a really calm place and I can really see myself their. The resources are amazing it has an observatory and an awesome library. They seem to be really god with opportunities to work with industry. I am thinking about making it my insurance depending on January resits.
I would recommend you apply.
Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Sarah1313
There is no such thing as a bad uni just bad students! The league tables are based on really stupid things and satisfaction of the students, every final year student is asked to fill out a survey and for the most part they will only fill it out if they have really strong feelings (positive or negative). As far as I can tell they are not based on pass rates or other important things. In the physics league last year Hertfordshire was 12th. This year it's like 20th
I have applied their for Astrophysics and had heard some negative things, but I kept an open mind until I saw it and I loved it it's a really calm place and I can really see myself their. The resources are amazing it has an observatory and an awesome library. They seem to be really god with opportunities to work with industry. I am thinking about making it my insurance depending on January resits.
I would recommend you apply.
Good luck with your application :smile:

Thank you I may go for it! I'll look at graduate prospects then make my mind!
Reply 64
got Unconditional offer for MSc Software Engineering, anyone studying computer?
Reply 65
Applied to Eng Lit and 2 other subjects, have gotten the confirmation email, but no news yet. Should I be worried?
Got an offer for maths! :smile:
Reply 67
hey ive got a interview for pharmacy there iknow this seems like a stupid question but i need to get to Herefordshire from kings cross st pancreas , taking a train to cambridge from there, can you buy the tickets on the spot ? Or will i need to book a ticket ?
Reply 68
Conditional offer for LLB Law :smile:
Original post by Rushika
hey ive got a interview for pharmacy there iknow this seems like a stupid question but i need to get to Herefordshire from kings cross st pancreas , taking a train to cambridge from there, can you buy the tickets on the spot ? Or will i need to book a ticket ?

Yeah you can, I did :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by shorttstuff
Yeah you can, I did :smile:

Thanks! i hardly travel out of London by train so i was totally clueless!
Original post by mhdhamada
got Unconditional offer for MSc Software Engineering, anyone studying computer?

Hi there, I have also chosen MSc - Software Engineering at University of Hertfordshire and starting this 21st Jan 2013
Reply 72
Applied for Geography, now just waiting! ^-^
Reply 73
hey guys just wondering is anyone applying for the msc in adult nursing for uni of hertfordshire? have sent off my application direct to the college but have not heard anything yet??
Reply 74
hey is anyone going to the applicant day on 9th of march ?
Reply 75
Just today got an offer from Hertfordshire! Applied for English Lit and 2 other subjects. At this point it is my first choice based on the course, but I have yet to visit and have not heard many good things! Anyone know about quality of teaching?
Reply 76
Original post by Orlzy8
hey guys just wondering is anyone applying for the msc in adult nursing for uni of hertfordshire? have sent off my application direct to the college but have not heard anything yet??

Hey when did you send it? Because the tutors have gone for Christmas holidays now
Reply 77
sent it about 3 weeks ago now:smile:, they said they have received it was just wondering if anybody had heard bk etc, wonder when they would be holding interviews
Reply 78
I applied to do Adult Nursing and had the interview there two weeks ago. Then I got a conditional a week later! :biggrin: So happy!!! I love the uni because it's very rural, couple hours from home and London is less than an hour away! I'm thinking of putting Herts as my insurance choice as Brookes, Surrey and Nottingham have a higher entry requirement but who knows? I might get rejected by them!

I got rejected by Bucks New Uni the other night which really annoyed me but it didn't matter because I didn't like the campus and you won't get much student life there :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by jsv3
I applied to do Adult Nursing and had the interview there two weeks ago. Then I got a conditional a week later! :biggrin: So happy!!! I love the uni because it's very rural, couple hours from home and London is less than an hour away! I'm thinking of putting Herts as my insurance choice as Brookes, Surrey and Nottingham have a higher entry requirement but who knows? I might get rejected by them!

I got rejected by Bucks New Uni the other night which really annoyed me but it didn't matter because I didn't like the campus and you won't get much student life there :smile:

Hey well done on the offer! :smile: I was just wondering what grades you got for AS and what are you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending