The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

MA107 - struggling

Heyy guys :smile:

I just started at LSE this October and I'm already falling behind in MA107 and I don't want to end up failing

I seem to have forgotten everything from A level Maths and the lecturer is so boring that I struggle to stay awake. When I try to do the assignments I just don't know where to startt. Also, my class teacher seems to hate all of her students and I'm a little afraid to ask her for help.

I keep looking at the textbook but again I'm struggling to focus, does anyone have any tips?

I survived A level Maths with revision guides and Youtube videos and I was wondering if theres anything like that for MA107?

Thanksss :smile:

xxx
Reply 1
Original post by Saraa12
Heyy guys :smile:

I just started at LSE this October and I'm already falling behind in MA107 and I don't want to end up failing

I seem to have forgotten everything from A level Maths and the lecturer is so boring that I struggle to stay awake. When I try to do the assignments I just don't know where to startt. Also, my class teacher seems to hate all of her students and I'm a little afraid to ask her for help.

I keep looking at the textbook but again I'm struggling to focus, does anyone have any tips?

I survived A level Maths with revision guides and Youtube videos and I was wondering if theres anything like that for MA107?

Thanksss :smile:

xxx

2 words. Office Hours. If your class teacher is really that bad, which isn't uncommon, go to another teacher's who has a better reputation. I'm afraid I can't suggest any as I actually took MA100.

Other than that just try your best not to fall behind, that's the worst thing you can do in a maths course at LSE. If this means taking a whole day just to sit down and review the past 4 weeks, do it. You'll be in a much better position for it afterwards.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Outsanity
2 words. Office Hours. If your class teacher is really that bad, which isn't uncommon, go to another teacher's who has a better reputation. I'm afraid I can't suggest any as I actually took MA100.

Other than that just try your best not to fall behind, that's the worst thing you can do in a maths course at LSE. If this means taking a whole day just to sit down and review the past 4 weeks, do it. You'll be in a much better position for it afterwards.

I'm in a very similar situation to OP, I've got Dr Eleni. I don't know if I should go to her office hours since right now I feel like I know nothing and she's pretty scary.
Reply 3
Dr. K is awesome, just make sure you actually have specific questions to ask her.
Reply 4
Original post by danny111
Dr. K is awesome, just make sure you actually have specific questions to ask her.

Awesome, I'll make sure to do that.. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending