The Student Room Group

TfL (Transport For London) Graduate Scheme 2013 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
@diddlysquat29 I am also still waiting to hear about transport planning assessment centres. I had my phone interview mid December and had the standard "you have been put on hold" email. Do you know of anyone who has received a yes or no for assessment centre?
Original post by aus.girl
@diddlysquat29 I am also still waiting to hear about transport planning assessment centres. I had my phone interview mid December and had the standard "you have been put on hold" email. Do you know of anyone who has received a yes or no for assessment centre?

Hi - I also had that email back in December and nothing since. It is a bit of a painful process... although I'm not aware of anyone who has been given an answer re. assessment centre for the transport planning scheme yet. Good luck and be sure to post if you get any news!
Same situation. On hold since December for transport planning! Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,

I have my telephone interview for the Project Management scheme this afternoon... I'll let you know how it goes. Have prepared some answers to the competencies so fingers crossed thats all I need!
Original post by lowri_davies89
Hi All,

I have my telephone interview for the Project Management scheme this afternoon... I'll let you know how it goes. Have prepared some answers to the competencies so fingers crossed thats all I need!

good luck!
Reply 45
Hi All,

Good Luck and make sure that you look at some technical details about PM (key project factors, etc). I was asked this in my telephone interview.

Has anyone heard back after the telephone interview, if you had it in the last few weeks?
Has anyone had a Technical Phone Interview for a Management Scheme?
I have mine on Monday but no idea what the Technical part really means, I didn't do Management at University so am pretty unlikely to know any technical terms!

For everyone on the first competency-based phone interview - don't worry if you think you've failed it - the guy I had was so robotic and interrupted me with 'Oh yeah?!' every five seconds, did not go well I thought, but I got through, so you must really have to mess up, which I'm sure no-one will!

Thanks x
Reply 47
Original post by JennyCarrington
Has anyone had a Technical Phone Interview for a Management Scheme?
I have mine on Monday but no idea what the Technical part really means, I didn't do Management at University so am pretty unlikely to know any technical terms!

For everyone on the first competency-based phone interview - don't worry if you think you've failed it - the guy I had was so robotic and interrupted me with 'Oh yeah?!' every five seconds, did not go well I thought, but I got through, so you must really have to mess up, which I'm sure no-one will!

Thanks x

I have mine on Monday for the same role as you! I have no idea what to look up apart from the role itself?! :s-smilie:
I actually have my technical interview on the Tuesday for Customer Delivery if anyone has any pointers or ideas about what comes up that would be nice.

If anything the first interview put my nerves to bed as i didnt think i did too well. As long as I know the general direction or what previous successful candidates have spoken about before I'm sure I can use that for a general basis on what to think. It seems like this interview is nearly impossible to prepare for. Should be interesting!!
Reply 49
Hi All,

How did it go? Any tips :smile:
Reply 50
Just had the second interview for Service Development...the guy was soooo nice! Really put me at ease. Some of the questions are like WHATTTTT so long winded
Reply 51
Original post by smm123
Just had the second interview for Service Development...the guy was soooo nice! Really put me at ease. Some of the questions are like WHATTTTT so long winded

I bet you had the same guy as me! So much nicer than the previous telephone interview, though I guess that's because now we're being interviewed by people more involved with the end result. And yeah, I know what you mean - at least one of the questions seemed to essentially be "How would you solve TfL?" :P
Reply 52
Original post by Ongels
I bet you had the same guy as me! So much nicer than the previous telephone interview, though I guess that's because now we're being interviewed by people more involved with the end result. And yeah, I know what you mean - at least one of the questions seemed to essentially be "How would you solve TfL?" :P

Ha ha yes the very long winded one! I swear the way they worded it was unnecessarily complex - I asked him to say it again and he shortened it a bit.

The guy was very nice. Now I keep thinking of stuff I should have said, always the way! I dunno if you asked him for my info, but he said he was interviewing 11 today and for most of the week, and there is 8 jobs in the end. Eek! Good luck to us!
Hey Ongels ad smm123,

Dont suppose you could give a rough idea of what the questions they asked were? I have my second stage interview tomorrow so any pointers you could give would be great.

Cheers,
Reply 54
Original post by sweetcakes89
Hey Ongels ad smm123,

Dont suppose you could give a rough idea of what the questions they asked were? I have my second stage interview tomorrow so any pointers you could give would be great.

Cheers,

I won't tell you exactly what they are, but there are three of them. One is quite long winded (ask him to explain it again!). Quite straightforward, don't think you can prepare.... think on your feet!! Good luck
Reply 55
Original post by smm123
I won't tell you exactly what they are, but there are three of them. One is quite long winded (ask him to explain it again!). Quite straightforward, don't think you can prepare.... think on your feet!! Good luck

Yeah, I agree. I got a bit worried beforehand that it would be completely bizarre questions about things that I would have no idea about, but they were all pretty standard scenarios.

sm123
I dunno if you asked him for my info, but he said he was interviewing 11 today and for most of the week, and there is 8 jobs in the end. Eek! Good luck to us!

Do you mean he was interviewing 11 today and more over the rest of the week or 11 over the rest of the week?
Reply 56
Wow only 8 jobs, best of luck to you! Do you know if that is all TfL are taking on this year for Service Development or if that is what is left?

Does anyone know how many they are taking on for other roles (Engineering, Commercial, Project Management, etc.) and how many of those are still available?

After my phone interview, I was told that they would get back to me by last week, but still nothing. Has anyone recently received news of whether or not they've made it to the AC?
Reply 57
Original post by User_Q
Wow only 8 jobs, best of luck to you! Do you know if that is all TfL are taking on this year for Service Development or if that is what is left?

Does anyone know how many they are taking on for other roles (Engineering, Commercial, Project Management, etc.) and how many of those are still available?

After my phone interview, I was told that they would get back to me by last week, but still nothing. Has anyone recently received news of whether or not they've made it to the AC?

It's 8 for service development, no idea about the others sorry!
Reply 58
Original post by Ongels
Yeah, I agree. I got a bit worried beforehand that it would be completely bizarre questions about things that I would have no idea about, but they were all pretty standard scenarios.

Do you mean he was interviewing 11 today and more over the rest of the week or 11 over the rest of the week?

11 in one day! Got the impression he was doing this for the week, so up to 55 left to fight off for the 8 jobs haha!!
Well I am on the customer delivery stream, and i was told that the next load of AC's are the last for the 2013 recruitment drive. Really hope i get through to it!! Supposed to be the 19th Feb. Apparently there are 12 places available and 4-5 jobs open. Those odds are a lot better than most grad schemes!

Thats if i get through to the AC....

Quick Reply

Latest