The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

American student studying abroad at QMU

Hey guys!

I'm currently an undergrad at USC (University of Southern California) and I want to study abroad in London. I wanted to study abroad at King's College, but for my film major they only allow Queen Mary University. I'm not worried about the academics of the schools. I'm more concerned about the social life and locations as of right now, as I am studying abroad mainly to get out of Cali for a while--I need a change of scenery. What is QMU like location-wise and is it that much worse than King's? I wanted to go to King's because it's located in central London and it seems like that's where all the life is. Please let me know. Thanks so much for your time!

-Dian
Reply 1
Original post by dianqi716
Hey guys!

I'm currently an undergrad at USC (University of Southern California) and I want to study abroad in London. I wanted to study abroad at King's College, but for my film major they only allow Queen Mary University. I'm not worried about the academics of the schools. I'm more concerned about the social life and locations as of right now, as I am studying abroad mainly to get out of Cali for a while--I need a change of scenery. What is QMU like location-wise and is it that much worse than King's? I wanted to go to King's because it's located in central London and it seems like that's where all the life is. Please let me know. Thanks so much for your time!

-Dian

Read this :yy:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2130856
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by dianqi716
Hey guys!

-Dian

QMUL does well in film studies, etc..................also location is very good, very close to the heart of London and you have the well known Brick Lane nearby, the alrge Westfield shopping centre, etc.
Social life will be fine, all the Americans tend to stick together :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, just went to an open day at queen Mary today actually and a lot of the students there said that the night life/ social life is much better around this university than say Kings or UCl (central London etc.) because all the student clubs/ bars are located in the east end of London where Queen Mary's is. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending