The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Design Grades

I really want to apply to the Uni of Edinburgh to do Graphic Design.

It says on the website it wants BBB but I have BBC but I don't know if because its a design degree that they will still look at my application as well as my portfolio....

Any info would be great!!
Reply 1
Original post by lizzy.hawkes

It says on the website it wants BBB but I have BBC but I don't know if because its a design degree that they will still look at my application as well as my portfolio....

probably not! Edinburgh is super super super super competitive! I applied for Fine Art (a very portfolio rich entry course usually) and they wanted BBB for that and I didn't quite meet it and I got rejected without interview! Outside of London it's probably the next most prestigious place for art (not too sure about graphic design but it's probably similar). I would recommend going to have a look around and asking tutors first - otherwise it's just a wasted choice (like mine was). I emailed them and they said they did look at my application but I didn't meet the entry requirements. BUT I guess if you're super super super talented they might be lenient!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
If you want to do graphic design though I would seriously consider London! UAL is probably the best for it - particularly Camberwell College of Art. They are only really interested in your work and pick the most promising students from portfolio and interview. I went to Camberwell and it's a really fabulous place for art and design - a great environment; can't recommend it enough. We had a lot of amazing opportunities and I have friends who went onto do Graphic design and illustration there (which along with fine art are its strengths). http://www.camberwell.arts.ac.uk/courses/courses-by-level/undergraduate/ba-graphic-design/

Otherwise there's always Central Saint Martins.

I assume you've done a foundation already?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by lizzy.hawkes

No, I'm afraid not. If you don't meet the minimum requirements they won't consider your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending