The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, Sinagpore O level and A level is actually different from the Uk ones.It's a different paper although the qualification is the same.Just think June paper and Dec paper in the 10 year series.Believe it or not Singapore government actually request for the paper to be set at a higher standard.
Reply 21
Yep, ours are rather tough in comparison according to our teachers...
Is it impossible to get into trading without a quantitative degree?
Reply 23
How did you score for Mathematics at 'A' levels, Fa|ique?

I scored A1 for 'E' Maths and somehow slipped and scored an A2 for 'A' Maths.

Managed to get an A in Maths at 'A' level although I'm not sure if that'll really cover up for that slight slip earlier.

:dontknow:
fonzievision
Is it impossible to get into trading without a quantitative degree?

Not at all, I met a derivatives trader with a KCL Geography degree last week! On a lot of graduate schemes everyone starts as a generalist hire, chooses their areas of interest and spends a few weeks or months on those desks before finding a permanent place. So it's perfectly possible to be hired on the likelihood you'd be a good salesperson and end up in trading, structuring etc.
Reply 25
I didn't do Mathematics at A Level, are you nuts? With a C5, which college in the right mind would allow me to do C Maths... Plus, I had to do my Additional Mathematics in JC1 instead of Sec4...

I did History, Literature and Economics at A Level, AAC respectively... (Stupid Econs...grr.)

You consider A2 a slip? Oh god...
Reply 26
Fa|ique
I didn't do Mathematics at A Level, are you nuts? With a C5, which college in the right mind would allow me to do C Maths... Plus, I had to do my Additional Mathematics in JC1 instead of Sec4...

I did History, Literature and Economics at A Level, AAC respectively... (Stupid Econs...grr.)

You consider A2 a slip? Oh god...

Well yeah, you're right.

Coming from RI, an A2 is a slip when you're racked against other students in school.
Reply 27
Yeah, well, in VS, all I wanted to do was hide from the shaking glances of my teachers... Did fabulously for Languages, Humanities and Bio, but diddly squat for Maths, Chem and Phys.

I dunno why, I kept thinking you were a girl... Sorry about that...
Reply 28
Fa|ique
Yeah, well, in VS, all I wanted to do was hide from the shaking glances of my teachers... Did fabulously for Languages, Humanities and Bio, but diddly squat for Maths, Chem and Phys.

I dunno why, I kept thinking you were a girl... Sorry about that...

:eek: :fight: :p:

Oh, you're from VS? :biggrin:

I went to VJ. :wink:

And I'm a total nut at languages. I think.
Reply 29
Well, wanted to go to VJ, but ended up in CJ. Thankfully their arts programme is one of the best though...

Yeah, I loved my languages... A1 for General Paper and A2 for AO Malay. (maybe loved is too strong a term for malay though...) :biggrin:
Reply 30
Aren't you guys supposed to be at army? :p:
Reply 31
Am the Commanding Officer's Personal Assistant... So I get to stay out. :biggrin: (this smiley does no justice to how happy I am in this vocation...) :wink:
Reply 32
clouds
Aren't you guys supposed to be at army? :p:

I don't stay-in, so I'm bumming around at home tonight. :biggrin:

Have a pretty darn good vocation now!
Reply 33
Fa|ique
Well, wanted to go to VJ, but ended up in CJ. Thankfully their arts programme is one of the best though...

Yeah, I loved my languages... A1 for General Paper and A2 for AO Malay. (maybe loved is too strong a term for malay though...) :biggrin:

Fantastic.

I did Malay as my 2nd language (my native language isn't offered in Singapore), and it was horrendous. :p:

I'm too embarassed to mention my grade. :redface: :nuts:
Reply 34
No wonder :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 35
Fa|ique
Am the Commanding Officer's Personal Assistant... So I get to stay out. :biggrin: (this smiley does no justice to how happy I am in this vocation...) :wink:

At which unit?
Reply 36
What is your native language if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 37
Come now, I can't reveal every little detail... Not to you weasels... (that line from Dilbert never fails to crack me up).

What's ur vocation?
Reply 38
Fa|ique
What is your native language if you don't mind me asking?

Sindhi. :banana:

And everything (well, almost) about my NS is confidential, so we'll keep it that way, at least on TSR. :> :biggrin:
Reply 39
Let me guess punjab?

Latest

Trending

Trending