The Student Room Group

Guys - would you be turned off if a girl texted constantly?

I have been seeing this guy for almost half a year (he still hans't asked me out :/) and I fear I am texting him way too much. He lives far and doesn't like calling. So I end up missing him and sending him lots of texts a day. He replies every day but I feel his enthusiasm is waning and the spark is dying. Like he doesn't flirt anywhere near as much as he used to and he often ignores important messages like me being ill or upset. Yet I can't stop myself from texting him. I think it is more attention seeking and needing reassurance that he still likes me but the more he ignores me the worse I get. Guys your opinion??
Reply 1
Depends if there is something to talk about. If it's just constantly "you ok?" "wuu2?" then yeah it gets a bit annoying. If it's stuff like "I just went to this great coffee shop in town I hadn't seen, it's amazing, we will have to go sometime!" It's a bit different.
Reply 2
Depends. If its naked pics of herself, then no :sexface:

Otherwise yes. PUT THE PHONE DOWN WOMAN I'M BUSY WITH COD!
Reply 3
If he ignores your text messages and 'hasn't asked you out' then you aren't seeing him.
If you're that into him that you can't stop messaging him then maybe you should consider making a move yourself..?
Original post by Josh93
If he ignores your text messages and 'hasn't asked you out' then you aren't seeing him.

Not necessarily. To me, "seeing someone" is the time between first meeting them and "going out". Hence, you ask someone out you do not ask them to see you.

Urban dictionary seems to agree:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=seeing%20someone
Reply 5
Original post by Josh93
If you're that into him that you can't stop messaging him then maybe you should consider making a move yourself..?

He does reply, just not as frequently as I text. The problem is the distance. When we are together we both feel such a spark. Just we are both studying at different unis and don't get to see each other often.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
He does reply, just not as frequently as I text. The problem is the distance. When we are together we both feel such a spark. Just we are both studying at different unis and don't get to see each other often.

Long distance relationships are hard, even when the couple have been "seeing eachother" for a while. So unless you guys live close together nothing serious is going to happen in the near future really :/
I love it :smile: Mainly because all the girls who text me never give me the standard:
"hi"
"hi"
"wuu2"
"nothing much, you?"
"same"

And partly because they all text coherently, if I see a "wuu2" I am a bit repelled
If the texts are interesting and the female doesn't mind a slow reply then fine.
I have been seeing this guy for almost half a year (he still hans't asked me out :/) and I fear I am texting him way too much. He lives far and doesn't like calling. So I end up missing him and sending him lots of texts a day. He replies every day but I feel his enthusiasm is waning and the spark is dying. Like he doesn't flirt anywhere near as much as he used to and he often ignores important messages like me being ill or upset. Yet I can't stop myself from texting him. I think it is more attention seeking and needing reassurance that he still likes me but the more he ignores me the worse I get. Guys your opinion??

probably your definition of "important" and his are quite different.
Reply 10
I don't think he's that into you.
Reply 11
Yes. Give me SPACE.
Reply 12
I like needy/clingy girls to an extent. If you're just texting random **** and expecting a response then it's just annoying.
Reply 13

If someone texted me saying 'I'm ill' or 'I'm upset', I wouldn't bother replying either because it seems needy.
OP, I have the same problem as you but with a current boyfriend of 2 years!

There's nothing to do but stop yourself from texting him. I think it just irritates him if there's too many texts. Different people have different thresholds as well. Some people would see 5 texts a day as too much and others would see the same amount of texts as too little. I know it's hard but just respect his privacy. It's actually a great thing that you're not constantly breathing down each other's necks like some other couples do.

One thing to note though: don't intentionally ignore him as revenge when he does eventually talk to you. It's usually tempting but that's just playing a sick game.
Reply 15
Original post by maskofsanity
Not necessarily. To me, "seeing someone" is the time between first meeting them and "going out". Hence, you ask someone out you do not ask them to see you.

Urban dictionary seems to agree:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=seeing%20someone

Well, if it's in the urban dictionary then I'm certainly not going to argue :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't. Although that might just be because it'd make a nice change from girls who just don't seem to give a ****.
Reply 17
I personally get frustrated by constant, long messages.. When I reply, they reply back with another wall of text, completely boggles my mind.
I'd defo say to give him some space. If he's worth it then, in time, he'll return to his usual self. 😊

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Josh93
Well, if it's in the urban dictionary then I'm certainly not going to argue :rolleyes:

You misunderstood. I was simply saying that it's subjective, i.e. different people use different phrasing and gave urban dictionary as an example beyond myself.

To argue your point though, are you actually being picky about the source of slang definitions?! That website is the most popular in terms of google page rank. Here are a couple others in agreement with me:

http://www.examiner.com/article/lexicon-of-dating-terminology
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-dating-and-seeing-someone/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending