The Student Room Group

She reacted so badly to my kiss

I liked a girl for a long time and last year around september I told her i like her. I think she grew to like me, the texts she sent and the way we communicated seemed like she likes me as well. We are both very busy but we met every now and then and she seemed to be fine with the way things were going. Like we went to watch films and she put her head on my shoulder the whole time and i usually gave her a kiss on the cheek at the end of every meeting.

But something happened a few months ago when we went to watch 'A few best men'. i had to leave before the film ended and so she was going to watch it to the end and she was ok with that. before i left i went to kiss her lips. When i went for it, she rejected. but it wasnt just that. she started panting and shaking and almost tearful. she was getting so emotional and when i talked to her she was really unresponsive, like i had made her upset :frown: and she just asked me to leave even though i wanted to calm her down and ask what was wrong for 5-10 minutes.
i left and i kind of didnt talk to anyone for a week because i kept thinking about how i upset someone i almost loved. and we never really talked ever again. I still dont know what went wrong. I can understand the fact that she didnt want the kiss, but i don understand her reaction. i hadn't done anything wrong and i was always there for her, and she knew how i felt about her. I just think it was a horrible experience. has this ever happened to anyone??

Scroll to see replies

Just a guess but maybe she actually liked you but wasn't really fine with you leaving the film. Then when you went to kiss her before you left it might have been too confusing for her/mixed signals? :/
Reply 2
Nope but girls cry all the ****ing time man...seriously its ridiculous, don't read into it.

Just a little piece of advice for the future. When you go for a girl if she rejects, pulls away or anything like that. MAINTAIN your persistance till she verbally tells you to **** off. Persistence is the key.

Its why you find girls turning their heads away when you go to kiss them. Its just girls wanting the guy to persist, show attention and take control. Hell I've had girls do this in the morning after spending the night ****ing. ITs just lil games for themselves. Just persist, they love it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Try asking her why she had a panic attack when you went in to kiss. Her but be ready to accept what answer she gives back even though it might hurt your feelings. Good luck bro
Reply 4
Original post by chriscao
Try asking her why she had a panic attack when you went in to kiss. Her but be ready to accept what answer she gives back even though it might hurt your feelings. Good luck bro

Thanks. I did. she said she doesn't want to talk about it or revisit the memory again :confused:
Original post by Knighted
Hell I've had girls do this in the morning after spending the night ****ing. ITs just lil games for themselves. Just persist, they love it.

It's because girls find you repulsive when they've sobered up after a drunken night of sex.
Reply 6
When I went on my first date with my current boyfriend he tried kissing me on the cheek in the cinema and I was so surprised and flattered and I sort of started panting too. I just liked him so much that I was a bit like a fangirl getting a kiss from her idol. I blushed like crazy for the rest of the film and tried to hide my cheek from him as much as possible, but not because I didn't like him. It was the opposite - I liked him so much that I couldn't emotionally handle another kiss at the time because it would've sent my feelings through the roof. If he had kissed me on the lips instead like you tried to do I would have FREAKED OUT. I would be reacting so extremely because of how happy I was but it would still have probably seemed very negative. So I don't know for sure obviously but a similar thing may have happened with her?
Reply 7
ditch the leaky faucet
Original post by Knighted

When you go for a girl if she rejects, pulls away or anything like that. MAINTAIN your persistance till she verbally tells you to **** off. Persistence is the key.

Sounds like the words of a rapist.
Reply 9
Maybe she decided she didn't like you after all? And felt guilty leading you on?

I don't know, that's the only sense I can make of it, I find girls as hard to understand as you do. They have too many emotions, it's so confusing.
Reply 10
Original post by Death.
Maybe she decided she didn't like you after all? And felt guilty leading you on?

I don't know, that's the only sense I can make of it, I find girls as hard to understand as you do. They have too many emotions, it's so confusing.

yeah i know it's difficult to figure it out. the thing is, there was no need to have such extreme reaction. she could just tell me she didnt have any feelings. I'd be ok with that.
Reply 11
Now thats a really weird reaction. It wasnt like you were forcing her or something. Just give her time.
Could be guilt but maybe something happened in her past that made her react the way she did.
Sounds like a perfectly normal date to me.
Reply 14
Original post by HerbertDaPervert
Sounds like a perfectly normal date to me.

really :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Somehow it means she is not really in too you. Sure it may be a bit of an unfair and an unusual reaction, but the long and short of it means, put it down to experience and move on...
Reply 16
Is she super duper religious?

My friend cried and ran the first time a guy kissed her. She said "she felt she was doing something wrong and God was going to punish her"
Original post by dudeimhere
really :s-smilie:

You just don't get it do you... :facepalm:
Does she have a boyfriend and felt guilty that she broke the physical boundaries?

I don't know. Sounds weird and it's been a few months now? Honestly I think she owes you an explanation even if it 'revisits her memories' since it obviously changed things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
You can go really shaky and breathless when someone you're really attracted to kisses you, but you don't start getting upset and crying. :s Or she just couldn't handle what she was feeling and was overwhelmed...

Maybe something happened in her past and that might have triggered a bad memory or something?

Alternative answer - she's a complete pansy and you can do better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending