The Student Room Group

Lacking motivation

I currently have my A2 exams in january and I have really struggled with motivation to work and to push myself further to get the best grades possible. This is really worrying me and I am not sure what to do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please post if you have the same problem as me.
Original post by jacob1208
I currently have my A2 exams in january and I have really struggled with motivation to work and to push myself further to get the best grades possible. This is really worrying me and I am not sure what to do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please post if you have the same problem as me.

It seems to me like you don't want to be doing A-Levels.
If you don't have the drive you need to re-evaluate your current situation and ask yourself, "What do I really want to be doing?"

On the other hand, it could simply be to do with the poor weather and lack of sunlight without you realizing. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
I'm in the same situation buddy,
Reply 3
I was in the same situation. I tried loads of ways and I havn't a clue which one worked, or maybe it was a mixture of both of them? Anyway, here they are:

1) I made a revision timetable but I synced it with my friends so I now avoid the depressing "I can't come out i've got to revise".

2) I have planned fun things for my break. So rather than sitting there watching TV I played with my sister. I found it also jeeps my brain more alert so it's easier to start revising again.

3) I found what time was best for me to study and how long I can study (effectively) without needing a break. I found I work better late at night (hence I am awake now) and I can study for approximately 2 hours.

4) I think of where the revision will get me.
best revision --> best grades --> 1st choice uni --> good experience --> good degree --> good job --> future prospects

I hope this helps but also you need to be careful with number 2 because I found that sometimes time flew by as it doesn't have the limits of an episode ending etc. I set an alarm on my phone.

Good luck :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending