Loud noises

sorry
Reply 5
Original post by Thenearlyguy
can you explain half decent? sorry for shouting fam

You'll fit right in mate.
can you explain half decent? sorry for shouting fam

It's not the best uni but it's reasonably good for an ex polytechnic. Can't comment on individual courses as I don't have a clue, but I would think that having the University of Oxford in the city with you might be a good bonus compared to other unis of Brookes' stature - you might be able to use their library or things like that (again guesswork).
It's like Oxford. But not Oxford.

So yea it's alright.
Reply 8
Original post by Theflyingbarney
It's not the best uni but it's reasonably good for an ex polytechnic. Can't comment on individual courses as I don't have a clue, but I would think that having the University of Oxford in the city with you might be a good bonus compared to other unis of Brookes' stature - you might be able to use their library or things like that (again guesswork).

I'm really confused by it, it has brilliant stats such as in the top 401-450 bracket in the world
Reply 9
anyone got anything else to go for?
I'm really confused by it, it has brilliant stats such as in the top 401-450 bracket in the world

This has to be a joke?
na look it up fam
Original post by Meat is Murder
This has to be a joke?

Oxford Brookes is a very good university. Alot of the subjects they teach are not taught at Oxford or Cambridge and brookes are highly rated. On the Guardian University rankings, they are the top MODERN (i.e ex polytechnic) university for many years running.

The campus's are being upgraded, theres great lecturers, good accommodation, near to everything a student will ever need.

What else do u want to rate a uni by?

Transport?? - Oxford is on a mainline railway route serving lines over the whole of the UK, got buses to London every 15mins 24hrs.

:no:
It's a good university, seems to be around 40-50ish in the league tables, which is better than average.
well its not exactly Oxford University - but I believe it is doing really well for a poly! above average on the league tables :biggrin:

I applied there for music :smile: but it was my 5th choice :biggrin: heart set on Bristol
Reply 16

Definitely won't be able to use Oxford's libraries, each college has a different system but you've gotta have a code or a keycard to get into any of them, which you only get by being a member of that college.
Although, if you befriend an Oxonian, they might be willing to loan out some books for you. :tongue:
Original post by medbh4805
:no:

Original post by rlscope
Definitely won't be able to use Oxford's libraries, each college has a different system but you've gotta have a code or a keycard to get into any of them, which you only get by being a member of that college.
Although, if you befriend an Oxonian, they might be willing to loan out some books for you. :tongue:

Ah okay, I was only guessing anyway. Still, who knows, having all that intelligence around you might rub off eventually... :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Just to clarify -

You CAN use Oxford's libraries. The Bodleian has an open access programme to members of the public and is extremely welcoming for Brookes students.

I am currently writing my dissertation and, a Brookes student, I study in the Bodleian and the beautiful Radcliffe Camera. Sure, you have to fill out some forms and promise them you will respect the library, but all students have to do this regardless of where they study.

I have also been granted access to Oxford English Faculty Library and Magdalene College Library - all it took was a letter from my dissertation supervisor.
Reply 19
is it a good uni in terms of respected

is it good for law

history
international relations or politics?

is it regarded highly by people such as employers etc

jsut generally how good is it? is the only thing bad about it the social stigma that it isnt the real oxford?

The actual question should be... 'Am I a good student?' or 'Am I prepared to work hard t get good grades?'

Because, you wont stand a chance of getting into graduate schemes if you have 2.2 or lower even if your university is well known and respected. If you look at some of the graduate job adverts, you will see that a lot of companies are requiring 2.1 as minimum degree grade.

Oxford Brookes is a very good university and has really good staff (i mean lecturers and seminar leaders) who will be there for you when you need help.

That is my point of view though. I have friends who are studying Law and they seem to enjoy it here. I also haven't heard anything negative from a friend of mine who is studying Business and International Relations.

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending