The Student Room Group

A Level Maths - Private candidate

I'm currently looking for an exam centre/college who offers the A level maths units to private candidates. I was just wondering if anybody knew any good places? Places in either Northamptonshire, or London, would be most ideal. I'm not worried about cost, more the deadline!

Thanks.
Reply 1
Hey bro,

I live in london and i'm doing my AS levels as a private candidate at corelli college and just so you know, its really simple to be entered for the exam, you just need to know what you want to do and have the money to pay for them of course. I chose Maths, further maths & economics ; so that 8 exams in total in the summer and the total pricing for my as level was £297.10. I'd say thats pretty good to be honest, but it probably would be cheaper, depending on how many modules you sit and what exams your doing. Also, if you enter yourself for an individual module, you will receive a certificate for that but if you wish to get an over all grade for an AS subject, you just have to notify the exam officer. So yeah, its really simple to get entered like i said before so heres theres website ; http://www.corellicollege.org.uk/external-candidates.html Just enter your detail and the exam officer will get back to you really quickly, less than a day if its not on a weekend. Oh and, the deadline is by the 27 or 28th of february, can really remember which one it is but i know for a fact thats is one of those dates and generally, most exam centres go by the 28th as a deadline. If you need any help getting there or sorting things out, i'll be here to help :smile: Remember to message him the particular exams you want to take and your details, and Richard Cleall, the exam officer will get back to you with the full pricing. I paid by cash by the way, you either pay by cash, online payments (he'll send you a link for that) or cheque. Okay i officially have nothing else to say except Goodaluckamybrada!
Reply 2
Original post by yacine9519
Hey bro,

I live in london and i'm doing my AS levels as a private candidate at corelli college and just so you know, its really simple to be entered for the exam, you just need to know what you want to do and have the money to pay for them of course. I chose Maths, further maths & economics ; so that 8 exams in total in the summer and the total pricing for my as level was £297.10. I'd say thats pretty good to be honest, but it probably would be cheaper, depending on how many modules you sit and what exams your doing. Also, if you enter yourself for an individual module, you will receive a certificate for that but if you wish to get an over all grade for an AS subject, you just have to notify the exam officer. So yeah, its really simple to get entered like i said before so heres theres website ; http://www.corellicollege.org.uk/external-candidates.html Just enter your detail and the exam officer will get back to you really quickly, less than a day if its not on a weekend. Oh and, the deadline is by the 27 or 28th of february, can really remember which one it is but i know for a fact thats is one of those dates and generally, most exam centres go by the 28th as a deadline. If you need any help getting there or sorting things out, i'll be here to help :smile: Remember to message him the particular exams you want to take and your details, and Richard Cleall, the exam officer will get back to you with the full pricing. I paid by cash by the way, you either pay by cash, online payments (he'll send you a link for that) or cheque. Okay i officially have nothing else to say except Goodaluckamybrada!

Hey, i am also doing privateLy. Did the guy said 28 feb is deadline for payment? i contacted him a week Ago but havent got any reply. looks like the college Is in break.
Reply 3
Yeah there having there halfterm holiday or whatever they call it. So be sure to contact them this monday or to save time, go to the college on monday and ask for 'richard cleall' at the office. They know you've come to enter yourself in an exam and he'll see you right away.
Reply 4
Original post by yacine9519
Yeah there having there halfterm holiday or whatever they call it. So be sure to contact them this monday or to save time, go to the college on monday and ask for 'richard cleall' at the office. They know you've come to enter yourself in an exam and he'll see you right away.

Hey thanks for the reply. I had already contacted him and he got back to me on fri. The deadline to pay is before thurs so he send me online link.
Reply 5
No problem mate :smile:
Reply 6
I'm from northampton. How did it go? I'm in a similar situation to you this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending