The Student Room Group

GDL 2013-4 College of Law (Guildford)

Hi guys

Would love to know if anyone has confirmed their place at the College of Law Guildford for 2013, particularly full time people.

So excited to start!
Hey! I have confirmed my place for full time study at Guildford for Sept 2013 entry. I'm just waiting to hear back from some other applications and stuff but to be honest I'm really excited about this one :biggrin: I'm a BSc Psychology grad so I'm pretty nervous about starting up a whole new topic that I've never done before, especially since I've been told to expect the worst from it by a friend who is studying it atm. She's been telling me horror stories about the workload lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's just trying to terrify me!
Reply 2
Hi there, that's great news - don't worry my law friends are doing exactly the same. I'm nervous about it too, but I'm sure we'll be fine. maybe see you in September!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Miss.Monroe
Hey! I have confirmed my place for full time study at Guildford for Sept 2013 entry. I'm just waiting to hear back from some other applications and stuff but to be honest I'm really excited about this one :biggrin: I'm a BSc Psychology grad so I'm pretty nervous about starting up a whole new topic that I've never done before, especially since I've been told to expect the worst from it by a friend who is studying it atm. She's been telling me horror stories about the workload lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's just trying to terrify me!

Hi there - are you still starting in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, yeah starting on the 19th. I'm doing two days a week, Monday and Thursdays I think, what about you? Still need to sort all the admin and enrolment stuff out though!
Hi,

I'm considering joining the GDL program in Guildford from the University of Law in January 2014. Would you guys recommend it? How are you finding the course?

Overall, I'm trying to decide between BPP University (Bristol, Manchester or London) and University of Law (any branch). However, this particular course in Guildford is what I'm most drawn to.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you.
Reply 6
Original post by Brandysquire
Hi,

I'm considering joining the GDL program in Guildford from the University of Law in January 2014. Would you guys recommend it? How are you finding the course?

Overall, I'm trying to decide between BPP University (Bristol, Manchester or London) and University of Law (any branch). However, this particular course in Guildford is what I'm most drawn to.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi there,

I'm half a term into the GDL at the moment. I am really enjoying the course so far. I'd recommend doing the GDL if you're sure that's what you want to do, otherwise it's a lot of work and money if you've not decided you want to be a solicitor or barrister yet. I've already got a training contract sorted so that definitely helps with the motivation when the work gets hard!

From the sound of things you're looking at loads of different locations. If I may ask why are you attracted to Guildford in particular?

I'd thoroughly recommend booking onto an open day at the University of Law so you can see the campus for yourself and find out more about the course etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannerBanner
Hi there,

I'm half a term into the GDL at the moment. I am really enjoying the course so far. I'd recommend doing the GDL if you're sure that's what you want to do, otherwise it's a lot of work and money if you've not decided you want to be a solicitor or barrister yet. I've already got a training contract sorted so that definitely helps with the motivation when the work gets hard!

From the sound of things you're looking at loads of different locations. If I may ask why are you attracted to Guildford in particular?

I'd thoroughly recommend booking onto an open day at the University of Law so you can see the campus for yourself and find out more about the course etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply! I'm glad you're enjoying the course.

The reason why I want to choose Guildford is because some family friends live nearby and it would be nice to be close to them.

I'm from Hong Kong and the competition for PCLL (LPC equivalent) here is very, very tough. They basically require a distinction at GDL to obtain a place. Do you happen to know if students have a reasonable chance of achieving a distinction in the GDL at Guildford if they put the hours in or is competition for that very tough too?

Thanks so much.

Best wishes,

Jessica
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply! I'm glad you're enjoying the course.

The reason why I want to choose Guildford is because some family friends live nearby and it would be nice to be close to them.

I'm from Hong Kong and the competition for PCLL (LPC equivalent) here is very, very tough. They basically require a distinction at GDL to obtain a place. Do you happen to know if students have a reasonable chance of achieving a distinction in the GDL at Guildford if they put the hours in or is competition for that very tough too?

Thanks so much.

Best wishes,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

That makes sense.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's about working hard and putting the hours in as you say.

Good luck with it all and let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Original post by HannerBanner
Hi Jessica

That makes sense.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's about working hard and putting the hours in as you say.

Good luck with it all and let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah

Ah so they do award them?

For hard work etc., in competition, but if it's not too elusive (i.e. if the process is fair) then hopefully going there will be useful.

Any idea how many per year?

Thanks for your kind replies. Best of luck with your studies.
Reply 10
Ah so they do award them?

For hard work etc., in competition, but if it's not too elusive (i.e. if the process is fair) then hopefully going there will be useful.

Any idea how many per year?

Thanks for your kind replies. Best of luck with your studies.

Hi there,

Sorry, do you mean getting a distinction?

If so, I have no idea on the number of people getting them per year, but it's done on merit rather than a competition, ie. the standard of your exam answers makes you a distinction grade student rather than lower standards.

Hope that makes sense :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending