The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How MUCH of a chance will I get into LSE to do geography?

First things first I am applying for 2014 entry (I am in lower sixth), I am applying for medicine at 4 london universities (KCL, Imperial, UCL, St Georges). As you know, that leaves one uni choice to do geography at LSE (I will probably send a different personal statement??).

Under these circumstances would I be a strong applicant to LSE? I aim to do geography/ or perhaps geography and economics.

GCSES: 9A* 1A* (+ already achieved A* at EPQ and A at FSMQ)
AS subjects taken (expecting results): biology, maths, chemistry, geography, critical thinking
A2 subjects going to take: biology, chemistry, maths, geography
(I also have an academic scholarship)

Extracurricular: 2 years in RAF - achieving lance corporal, Bronze, Silver and working towards Gold DofE, Student Listener, Member of School's Gifted and Talented society, First Aid Level 1 certificate, MUN, taekwondo lol (and possibly rugby team next year) I could also mention that I travel frequently been to about 38 different countries.

Work Experience: (nothing geography related as of yet) 2 weeks in surgery, 2 weeks in pharmacy.

And btw do you need to do economics for a-level to take geography and economics? :eek:
Reply 1
for you, unlikely
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
You can only send 1 personal statement, LSE are going to have a fun time reading it....
Reply 3
Original post by Booyah
You can only send 1 personal statement, LSE are going to have a fun time reading it....

you can send another if you email the university beforehand
Reply 4
Original post by ocelot92

No you can't.
Suspect you maybe trolling.

But if you aren't (and I don't how you would have gotten (9A*s at GCSE??) then you have to realise that Geography and Medicine are completely unrelated. How are going to explain that you want to be a doctor, yet if that fails you wish to geography at one the most prestigious universities in the world?? You can't explain that in 4000 characters, trust me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6

no you can't
You CAN send another personal statement, and sometimes 5th choices will ask for one, but they're under no obligation to read it. In a university as competitive as LSE they're unlikely to accept you if they don't think you're committed to the course though, I'm afraid :frown:

Sorry but any course at LSE will be highly competitive and you'll almost certainly be rejected the moment they see your application. Even if they do accept a 2nd PS you aren't exactly committed to Geo so... think about what you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending