The Student Room Group

Wowza Video Interview for MSc Management at UCL

Just had my pre-recorded video interview for Msc Management at UCL. Omg... what a failure. I was so not confident and was talking non-sense at each question! There were definitely some questions I really didn't think they would answer and I wish I had a heads up for it because I got so lost I had to think of something super fast!

Ugh... I hope they won't base their decision on this one interview and really take the rest of my application into consideration... What a failure!

Good luck to everyone for your interviews! I hate them! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by eugeniadav
Just had my pre-recorded video interview for Msc Management at UCL. Omg... what a failure. I was so not confident and was talking non-sense at each question! There were definitely some questions I really didn't think they would answer and I wish I had a heads up for it because I got so lost I had to think of something super fast!

Ugh... I hope they won't base their decision on this one interview and really take the rest of my application into consideration... What a failure!

Good luck to everyone for your interviews! I hate them! :smile:

Hey, what sort of questions did they ask you?
Reply 2
Original post by Temi08
Hey, what sort of questions did they ask you?

Hey! I think they randomly pick questions, so it's not like one type or pre-recorded questions for each student! The forum advises not to share the exact questions but GENERALLY SPEAKING it's about why you, why this course, your future, your interest in the business world. Basically they want to see that you haven't just randomly decided to apply for management but that you have real interest in the business world - something upon these lines. Though, it doesn't mean they will ask about the first page of the Wall Street Journal, so don't worry - you don't need to dig that deep =)
Reply 3
Hey! I think they randomly pick questions, so it's not like one type or pre-recorded questions for each student! The forum advises not to share the exact questions but GENERALLY SPEAKING it's about why you, why this course, your future, your interest in the business world. Basically they want to see that you haven't just randomly decided to apply for management but that you have real interest in the business world - something upon these lines. Though, it doesn't mean they will ask about the first page of the Wall Street Journal, so don't worry - you don't need to dig that deep =)

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful. I just sent off my application, I really hope I get in. :smile:
Original post by Temi08
Thanks a lot, that was very helpful. I just sent off my application, I really hope I get in. :smile:

I had my interview via Wowzer about 9 days ago (who's counting? lol!). Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
Reply 5
Original post by santanasays
I had my interview via Wowzer about 9 days ago (who's counting? lol!). Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?

I am going do it this weekend!
How long did the interview take for you and approximately how many questions? I'm so nervous :frown:

Thanks a lot!
good luck all

there will definitely be a question about a time when you made a mistake, and how you'd invest 1 million dollars.
Reply 7
Hey! I have an interview from UCL and need to do it within the next 5 days!

If someone could give me a heads up on the type of questions they ask, I'd be very grateful! Please le me knowww :smile: thank you!
Reply 8
Hey i have an interview from UCL, and i need to do it next week, do you know what kind of questions do they ask? How many question are there??? Please let me know, thank you so much!!! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by jesszhong
Hey i have an interview from UCL, and i need to do it next week, do you know what kind of questions do they ask? How many question are there??? Please let me know, thank you so much!!! :smile:

hey man. i have an interview in 3 days. can you please tell me the questions? thanks :smile:
Reply 10
hey man. did you remember the questions. i have an interview in 3 days. if you help me i would be very grateful :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by prokopis
hey man. did you remember the questions. i have an interview in 3 days. if you help me i would be very grateful :smile:

Sorry!!I just saw this! :frown: Hope your interview went well!!
Reply 12

Hello evgenia I guess you are Greek as well! Could you pls send me your email in order to ask you some questions I have??!! σε ευχαριστώ πολύ εκ των προτέρων!!
Reply 13
Original post by jesszhong
Sorry!!I just saw this! :frown: Hope your interview went well!!

Hello jesszhong could you please give some info (I can give you my mail!) ??!
Thanx in advance!
To all people worrying about the interview: don't stress yourselves out! Just be confident and genuine in your answers and above all be yourselves! :smile: I did it last year and am now in the second term of the UCL MSc Management programme. The course director told me that although the interview helps in deciding, all other documents are also considered (equally if not more like your international/internship/professional background)... it's the overall package I guess again and as a little tip, they want to focus on their three pillars of leadership, ethics and diversity (so how do these show in your previous experiences? :smile: ). The questions are usually about you, your career ambitions, etc. like other people said above and maybe a more generic question where they want you to relax and say what you honestly think (no preparation necessary, in fact that could get you more nervous and confused). Don't overthink and trust that you did a well enough job :smile: Hope this helps!
Good luck to everyone applying!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
I got invited for an informal video interview for Technology entrepreneurship . Does this mean that i am almost there?
Original post by kritikos
I got invited for an informal video interview for Technology entrepreneurship . Does this mean that i am almost there?

The interview is used in conjunction with the other submitted materials (CV, grades, test scores, etc.) In it you can make up for any weaknesses or show them other facets of you. You're almost there!
Reply 17
Has anybody had the interview for 2015 entry? I have mine to do within 5 days and feeling nervous!
Reply 18
I am going to have mine as well. What kinds of question you had during the interview? Is it difficult ? Have you got the offer now?
Reply 19
Please share the question u been asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending