The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths or Chelsea College of Art & Design?

I have been accepted to study Design at Goldsmiths & Fine Art at UAL Chelsea College of Art and Design.

Because the courses are different I'm not sure how I can compare them. I've looked at uni stats but that's it, although I've obviously been to open days too. Out of my 5 applications these two alternated as my first choice.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to decide, & if you've studied these courses your opinion on your course would be great.
I would go to Goldsmiths, I went for an open day and for anything like art/design it was so so good!!! the only thing that would put me off is the area is quite rough (not "safe" like most universities) - but apart from it's great :biggrin:! but yes, thats my opinion anyway - But don't let it influence your decision, as it is YOUR DECISION at the end of the day :biggrin: hope things go well
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel George
I would go to Goldsmiths, I went for an open day and for anything like art/design it was so so good!!! the only thing that would put me off is the area is quite rough (not "safe" like most universities) - but apart from it's great :biggrin:! but yes, thats my opinion anyway - But don't let it influence your decision, as it is YOUR DECISION at the end of the day :biggrin: hope things go well

Thank you for your reply. Strangely I went to the fine art open day there and hated it- I got a really bad feel about the academic staff, they didn't really seem bothered.

In contrast the Design open day was brilliant, the head of the course was really passionate & showed us round personally.

Its so hard to decide!!!

Quick Reply

Latest