The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MizRman
How's everyone's revision going and how confident are you?
What grade do you want, and what do you think you'll get?
For me I'm fairly confident and I've done my revision, still got some to do though...I really want an A, and I think I can get one, but I won't be utterly heartbroken if I get a B since I can resit in June. :smile:
Anything below a B for me in Maths = :mad:

And for revision I have been doing, and still will be doing past papers, specimen and practice papers. Sample questions, ExamSolutions and flash cards to keep important tips and stuff in my head. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
I'm looking forward to get at least 90 on the non calc and 95 on the calc. Do any of you have any good resources? I've gone through the past papers
Reply 3
Original post by __Student__
I'm looking forward to get at least 90 on the non calc and 95 on the calc. Do any of you have any good resources? I've gone through the past papers

Have you gone through all 1MA0 past papers, specimen papers and practice papers plus ALL of the older spec ones? If you have you should be fine.
Reply 4
Im in year 12 myself, doing maths of course!
I'm tutoring a year 11 student, she's doing foundation linear, got an exam on Thursday 28th. Does anyone know how many marks it is for a C?

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey everyone,

I've used this with a few students. Contains 100 videos for recorded topics for the GCSE:

http://www.youtube.com/BespokeEducation

Useful YouTube channel and have used it with my students to prepare them for the March entry.
Reply 6
Original post by moonziggy
Im in year 12 myself, doing maths of course!
I'm tutoring a year 11 student, she's doing foundation linear, got an exam on Thursday 28th. Does anyone know how many marks it is for a C?

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was 139/200 for a C, so around 70 in each paper...but the grade boundaries change a little. So it will be around that this time, maybe a bit lower or maybe a bit higher but generally around that.
Reply 7
Mine's a retake. I got an A in November and the teachers are forcing me to re-take, even though my target was only a high B/low A. I'm not revising because A) I've already got my A and B) I want to focus on my other subjects because the deadlines are around that time.

I don't see why they're wasting their money entering me in an exam I don't care about... but there you go. That's grade-greedy teachers for you.

ANYWAY. I got an A in November and wanted anything above a pass so I was happy with that. It must've been a fluke. I'm rubbish at Maths.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by MizRman
Have you gone through all 1MA0 past papers, specimen papers and practice papers plus ALL of the older spec ones? If you have you should be fine.

Im not sure about the specs so if you have a link can you please post it for me
Reply 9
Does anyone know where you can find the 1MA0 mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
2 days guys! Good luck!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghh
One day left:frown:
Reply 12
1 more day....
I feel pretty confident on Unit 1 i did it last year and i got a B when i was expecting like an A/A* :mad: i think nerves got to me or something
Now i feel prepared for it and i'm hoping to get a high grade so my UMS can balance out cause unit 3 next week :/
Goodluck
Reply 13
I'm also sitting the exam tomorrow and I feel prepared, hoping to get an A this time as I was predicted an A in the november exam, but only managed a B because I was poorly and had to leave my second exam :frown: anyway good luck to everybody sitting the non calculator paper tomorrow! we can do this guys :biggrin:
I am also doing the Higher Edexcel 28th and 4th.
Reply 15
Good luck everyone with your exams, don't stress over it too much and you'll all do brilliantly! :smile:
Reply 16
Aaaaaarghh!! Now got Paper 2:'( its the worse one. I dont even want to do this exam coz i already got an A the first time. The school want me to get an A* now-.- Greedy much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pizza66
Aaaaaarghh!! Now got Paper 2:'( its the worse one. I dont even want to do this exam coz i already got an A the first time. The school want me to get an A* now-.- Greedy much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion, Calculator paper is usually easier than non-calculator.
But, use Mathswatch and practice lots of past papers and you will get an A*!
If you haven't got this software already then quote me and i'll give you a link.
Reply 18
How did you guys find the non cal paper?? Apparently, because one of my maths teachers are part of an examining board for maths, he said that because the exam was essentially "easy" they might raise the grade boundaries higher, it was expected to get an A over all you'd have to have something like 150/200 but now its probably higher...
Reply 19
Original post by gaffer dean
In my opinion, Calculator paper is usually easier than non-calculator.
But, use Mathswatch and practice lots of past papers and you will get an A*!
If you haven't got this software already then quote me and i'll give you a link.

Can I have Maths Watch please ?

Latest

Trending

Trending