The Student Room Group

Why do I get so much male attention?

so I'm a guy and I'm not very gay; probably a 2 on that Kinsey scale thingy but I swear I get a larger amount of male attention than is normal for a straight male.

I was walking down the road once when this fat guy waddles up to me asking if I'm Nigerian (I also get that a lot funnily enough) I said no and he asked where I'm from to which I replied "West Indies". But he wasn't finished, he then proceeded to ask me for my number and invited me round for wine. I made some excuses and escaped.

I was waiting outside my friends house having knocked on his door when this big guy who looked like Henry VIII in a paramedic uniform walked up to next door and lit a cigarette. He's staring at me for about 5 mins (my friend took a while to open the door) until he finally says "You look nice" and walked into his house.

I was at a party trying to make out with this girl when there was this drunk guy who was trying to make out with me at the same time. So eventually it turned into some weird 3 way kissing triangle until I managed to push him away and bring the girl to bed. And this wasn't just drunk hugging this was fully kissing up my cheek trying to move closer to my mouth.

I was walking with my mum in a park when this guy walks past. After my mum says that he was staring at me as he walked past. I said "wtf is there something on my face?" and she said "No and he had a big grin on his face while staring" I tried to play it off acting like I genuinely believed he thought I looked funny but we both knew he was checking me out....in front of my mum so that was real awkward.

There was my old boss, He never did anything solidly gay but he was really touchy feely and friendly with me...........and did invite me to dinner once.

I was cycling down some cycle trail when my tyre popped so I had to walk the rest of the way. While doing this some old man came out of nowhere, stroked my arm and said "you're a nice young man, have a nice day" That was pretty scary.

There was this guy at school who kept coming on to me aggressively. Now it may look obvious but at my school there was a strong culture of acting gay for attention because when you're in school being gay was the most "eww" thing you could do so people started to do gay things to get a reaction out of people. But the way that guy singled me out made me think maybe he really was gay.

But here's the thing. I don't get nearly as much female attention, maybe a weeny bit more than the average dude; perhaps it's because females are more reserved? And every gay friend that I've ever had has never shown any interest in me, but perhaps it was because I gave out signals that I was straight?
Reply 1
Bummer (pardon the pun)

Posted from TSR Mobile
By guess is that you have a really flamboyant fashion sense which makes you stand out. Girls probably hate it but the flouncy camp guys think they love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I get this all the time. Everyone's friend that I'm introduced to thinks I'm gay, and that's not a lie at all.

I think it's because I have a very good interest in fashion and like to dress a little bit more edgey. A friend bought some nice blue/white laces vans and she said she was debating about getting them in mauve/black laces and I said the blue/white where much nicer and also it's coming up to the Spring/Summer season so they'd be more 'in season' and she was like 'omg how does a boy think about that when shopping'... I just like shopping so following seasonal trends kinda comes naturally?

I'm not a 'lad' at all. My dad has always raised me and my brother to be kind to girls and a proper gentleman. I have way more close girl-friends than I do boy-friends. I just think they're more sociable and fun to be with.

I pluck my brows, shave my chest, have a rigorous skin cleansing system etc... and yeah my clothes are camp. But do I like to stick my dick up a mans arse? No. Am I gay? No.

I just like to be fashionable... meterosexual if you will. I personally think it's much nicer. Nothing repulses me more than an overweight hairy bloke. I think a well groomed gentleman is much nicer. That's all...

And for what it matters, I just did that Kinsey Scale Test and scored:

0 Exclusively heterosexual.

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by stuart_aitken
By guess is that you have a really flamboyant fashion sense which makes you stand out. Girls probably hate it but the flouncy camp guys think they love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My fashion sense is "traditional" but certainly not flamboyant. My only "flamboyant" item is a pink shirt Everything else is plain shirts and shoes and trousers and jackets. Smart casual basically.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by peter12345
So eventually it turned into some weird 3 way kissing triangle until I managed to push him away and bring the girl to bed.

As for this, Genuinely I would've let it go so the girl was happy, then taken the boy aside and asked what the score was, what he thought he was up to. If he's giving it the jon biggen I'd have headbutted him or given him a good uppercut on his chin, snapped his snyapses back and knocked him out cold.

Stuff like that makes me sick, unless it's a mate you're mucking about with.

A lot of people throw the word 'homophobic' around... Depending on what the definition they use:

Do I hate/dislike gays:
Some of them yeah, the flamboyant irritating ones who constantly make sex jokes about cocks, arse and being gay, I'd have no second thoughts about giving them a good punch in if they really pissed me off.

The others, who I do have as friends, I couldn't care less. Great lads and I'd stick up for them in any fight if anyone had an issue about them being gay. I'd honestly step in before anyone and make it crystal clear that they need to drop it and back off.

Whether that's got anything to do with being gay? I'm not sure. A lot of people are flamboyant and piss me off and deserve a good punch in. On the other hand, a lot of lads are safe as hell and I'd do my bit to make sure no one's taking the piss out of anyone.

As I grew older in school, I started sticking up for the geeks who hand never done **** to anyone. I just thought what a miserable ****ing life they must've had, they'd never harmed anybody. It's genuinely the best feeling to step up for someone who thinks you're against them.

But gays who come on to me, knowing im not gay, knowing im not comfortable with it, I'd ask them nicely to just drop it, but as a last resort I'd not think twice about really giving them a facial reconstruction.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Rybee
As for this, Genuinely I would've let it go so the girl was happy, then taken the boy aside and asked what the score was, what he thought he was up to. If he's giving it the jon biggen I'd have headbutted him or given him a good uppercut on his chin, snapped his snyapses back and knocked him out cold.

Stuff like that makes me sick, unless it's a mate you're mucking about with.

A lot of people throw the word 'homophobic' around... Depending on what the definition they use:

Do I hate/dislike gays:
Some of them yeah, the flamboyant irritating ones who constantly make sex jokes about cocks, arse and being gay, I'd have no second thoughts about giving them a good punch in if they really pissed me off.

The others, who I do have as friends, I couldn't care less. Great lads and I'd stick up for them in any fight if anyone had an issue about them being gay. I'd honestly step in before anyone and make it crystal clear that they need to drop it and back off.

Whether that's got anything to do with being gay? I'm not sure. A lot of people are flamboyant and piss me off and deserve a good punch in. On the other hand, a lot of lads are safe as hell and I'd do my bit to make sure no one's taking the piss out of anyone.

As I grew older in school, I started sticking up for the geeks who hand' ever done **** to anyone. I just thought what a miserable ****ing life they must've had, they'd never harmed anybody. It's genuinely the best feeling to step up to someone who thinks you're against them.

But gays who come on to me, knowing im not gay, knowing im not comfortable with it, I'd ask them nicely to just drop it, but as a last resort I'd not think twice about really giving them a facial reconstruction.

This is pretty much me, I have no problem with gays but it's the damn flamboyantness that gets me. I saw a guy walking down the road in skinny jeans and a handbag and his arm bent in that classic gay pose and I'm just like "why?" But even that isn't that bad (It's just his personal style I guess) it's definetly the uber sexual whiny fake female voiced ones that annoy the hell out of me. Women don't sound like that, women don't make that many sausage jokes. As for confronting the guy I tend to not get angry by these things so long as they don't push it I mean they gotta try to get guys somehow.
Reply 7
I'm not homophobic in the slightest, but if a gay guy starts coming up to me joining in on a 3 way kiss, then IMO that's a problem? That's very uncomfortable and not necessary.

On a serious note, please do tell me what part offended you and I'll try and explain it a little bit more. I can guarantee you I'm not homophobic, but it's hard to explain on TSR.

As I said, I have mates who are gay and act normal, I get problems with people giving him a hard time on nights out and as usual I swallow my blood before I swallow my pride. The guy's a legend, a human being and I love him to bits. I'd do anything for him, the fact that he's gay means nothing to me. It's just the fact that he's being bullied for it.

Honestly, please do quote which part has offended you and I'll try and explain it a little better.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Rybee
I can see you're still online so instead of flaming me, tell me what you don't agree with and I'll explain myself...

For a start...

I'd have headbutted him or given him a good uppercut on his chin, snapped his snyapses back and knocked him out cold.

Great lads and I'd stick up for them in any fight if anyone had an issue about them being gay. I'd honestly step in before anyone and make it crystal clear that they need to drop it and back off.

I'd ask them nicely to just drop it, but as a last resort I'd not think twice about really giving them a facial reconstruction.

Gentleman indeed...

Other than the obvious need to try giving the impression you're an in-season stylish force to be reckoned with, the part of your "Do I hate/dislike gays" reads like your gay friends need some heterosexual chino-wearing man to stick up to anyone who has an issue with their poor homosexual tendencies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Noble.
For a start...

Not sure what your point is so I'll like that slide.
Original post by Noble.

Gentleman indeed...

Other than the obvious need to try giving the impression you're an in-season stylish force to be reckoned with, the part of your "Do I hate/dislike gays" reads like your gay friends need some heterosexual chino-wearing man to stick up to anyone who has an issue with their poor homosexual tendencies.

Please do flag up the post of said heterosexual chino-wearing man, which I assume is me?

All I was saying is that if I go out with a gay friend, and he's getting stick, PURELY, for being gay, then yeah that really irritates me and I'd have big enough balls o join in the conversation and ask what they're talking about. Who gives a **** that he's gay?

Fact of the matter is that he's a nice lad and nobody should be sharpshooting him for being gay. That's disgusting. *******s to them.

I always get stick for 'being gay' just because I look after myself and I dress pretty camp, admittedly. So this who Gay/Camp abuse suff is pretty common to me.
Reply 10
Original post by Rybee
Not sure what your point is so I'll like that slide.

Please do flag up the post of said heterosexual chino-wearing man, which I assume is me?

All I was saying is that if I go out with a gay friend, and he's getting stick, PURELY, for being gay, then yeah that really irritates me and I'd have big enough balls o join in the conversation and ask what they're talking about. Who gives a **** that he's gay?

Fact of the matter is that he's a nice lad and nobody should be sharpshooting him for being gay. That's disgusting. *******s to them.

I always get stick for 'being gay' just because I look after myself and I dress pretty camp, admittedly. So this who Gay/Camp abuse suff is pretty common to me.

If you don't see what my point is regarding what I quoted, you also mentioned you were a gentleman, I suggest you look up what defines a gentleman since I can only assume your current understanding of the term involves resorting to violence over petty things.

Also, considering you're a law graduate, the fact you're willing to get into physical confrontation over such nonsense is rather stupid on your behalf, unless you're desperate to experience the other side of the legal system.
Reply 11
Original post by Noble.
If you don't see what my point is regarding what I quoted, you also mentioned you were a gentleman, I suggest you look up what defines a gentleman since I can only assume your current understanding of the term involves resorting to violence over petty things.

Also, considering you're a law graduate, the fact you're willing to get into physical confrontation over such nonsense is rather stupid on your behalf, unless you're desperate to experience the other side of the legal system.

Appreciate the reply but I do believe that since there's no question's, there's no case to answer. Merely a statement instead of a question.

I've already experienced 'the other side of the legal system'. Arrested for S.5 PO Act. and Assaulting a Police Officer. Both charges dropped before court - why? Because I'm clever. That's not arrogant, it's the truth.

All I said was that I have 'gay friends' who I love just as much as my other friends, and I'd fight tooth and nail if any sick bastard thought that they were higher than them. It's 2013, we go out weekly and my friend gets abused for being gay. What the **** is up with that?

I admit I'm homophobic in the sense that I don't like being surrounded by gays, jeez perhaps that's because I'm insecure of my sexuality? I just doin't like it. But as said, I'd fight tooth and nail for my best friend if anyone ever discriminated him for his sexual orientation.
Reply 12
1. You look like you might be gay
2. You look like you might have a big penis (sorry for the stereotype)
Reply 13
Im not really sure how this is homophobic. If a guy was forceful and wouldnt take no for an answer from me I would most likely consider hitting them. It is just unacceptable behaviour coming from anyone regardless of gender.

So he might be ott with his flailing fists by wanting to punch flamboyant people, but I think he just meant they piss him off. Not exactly homophobic given most gay people arent like that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by peter12345
This is pretty much me, I have no problem with gays but it's the damn flamboyantness that gets me. I saw a guy walking down the road in skinny jeans and a handbag and his arm bent in that classic gay pose and I'm just like "why?" But even that isn't that bad (It's just his personal style I guess) it's definetly the uber sexual whiny fake female voiced ones that annoy the hell out of me. Women don't sound like that, women don't make that many sausage jokes. As for confronting the guy I tend to not get angry by these things so long as they don't push it I mean they gotta try to get guys somehow.

....so? they're gay not gender confused, why are you expecting them to act like women?
Any attention is good attention.

You could be a wallflower, like me. :frown:

Nobody ever notices me...
Reply 16
Original post by Care-Free
....so? they're gay not gender confused, why are you expecting them to act like women?

Lol this thread has turned into a homophobia war.

They are clearly trying to imitate women albeit very poorly because they seem to believe that if you like guys you must act feminine. Nothing wrong with acting feminine but they do such a bad job they could do it as stand-up comedy.
Your probably really hot and maybe girls are really talking about you when you aren't there? Maybe your wearing gay clothes. If your as good looking as your info suggests
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Future-doc
Your probably really hot and maybe girls are really talking about you when you aren't there? Maybe your wearing gay clothes. If your as good looking as your info suggests,

Maybe who knows?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending