The Student Room Group

Stanmore College

Was wondering if anyone else here got an interview? Have mine in two weeks :smile:!
Original post by sunnyy_
Was wondering if anyone else here got an interview? Have mine in two weeks :smile:!

Don't go Stanmore, go Barnet! Much better! Trust meeeee :smile:
Reply 2
What do you want to do there, A-Levels? Stanmore is not the best place to go seriously!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you live in North London try go to one of Woodhouse, Fortismere or Barnet & Southgate
Original post by shyamshah
What do you want to do there, A-Levels? Stanmore is not the best place to go seriously!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it depends on the subjects the op wants to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Secretnerd123
i think it depends on the subjects the op wants to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does, but in harrow stanmore isn't a very good college to go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
why not?
Reply 7
a levels.

physcology, sociology, bio + chem
Reply 8
Original post by sunnyy_
a levels.

physcology, sociology, bio + chem

Can't you go to a school in harrow instead of a college?
Reply 9
i'm thinking of remaining in sixth form but im not sure thats the right environment for me, like i want freedom and the ability to half days off/half days/leave site when i need to..
Original post by sunnyy_
i'm thinking of remaining in sixth form but im not sure thats the right environment for me, like i want freedom and the ability to half days off/half days/leave site when i need to..

That is such an advantage of college, which other one's have you applied to?
Reply 11
My mum was a lecturer at Stanmore. Just felt like mentioning it.
Reply 12
What did she think of the college and teaching staff, and of the students attending.
Reply 13
What did she think of the college and teaching staff, and of the students attending.
Original post by sunnyy_

Don't base your decision solely on that. Would you handle the independence? Be able to work on your own a lot? I go to harrow college and it was the best choice I made. What sixth form do u want? If u go down that route, nower hill (my old school) or canons are good options in Harrow

Stanmore is okay, nothing special but like where I am you HAVE to put the work in

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't really matter where you go as long as you put the work in, 90% of success in A-Level's comes from yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending