The Student Room Group

English Language A2 coursework, are headings included in the word count?

Can you exclude headings and frame work titles in the word count for the A2 AQA English Language investigation??

Mine is 3031 at the moment including headings and if so I really need to cut it down.

Pleas help, thanks!
If it's not the main bulk of text, I'd say no. I eliminate titles, diagram notes and quotes all from my word count - just to be a bit cheeky and save me the hassle really! Hasn't proven to be a problem...yet!
Reply 2
I was always under the impression that headings, titles, and bibliographies/works cited do not count towards the word count.

I'll have to disagree with the post above and say that quotations DO count as part of the word count, as after all they're in your main essay? But I guess different people go by different rules.
Original post by echeee

I'll have to disagree with the post above and say that quotations DO count as part of the word count, as after all they're in your main essay? But I guess different people go by different rules.

I originally thought this too, but both of my English teachers have told me that they don't count towards the word count! Was a blessing when I heard...when you have loads of quotes and a tight word limit, it's amazing how much room removing quotes from the count can give you!

This has been the rule for the past two years at my college! Love it!
Reply 4
Original post by Thatstudentdude
I originally thought this too, but both of my English teachers have told me that they don't count towards the word count! Was a blessing when I heard...when you have loads of quotes and a tight word limit, it's amazing how much room removing quotes from the count can give you!

This has been the rule for the past two years at my college! Love it!

Weird! My teacher always told me they did? Due to different boards maybe. Although they count at uni too as far as I'm aware. Really strange, but if you weren't getting penalised for it then I guess it must be true!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending