The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam PGD Radiotherapy and Oncology 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Sam, nice to meet someone else who will be starting in Sept. I don't know about vaccinations I'm afraid, but I just assumed we would get an info pack nearer to starting in Sept and that will have all the info in about bursary, vaccinations, placement etc.

What degree do you have?
Jacinta
x
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Hey

I did biomedical science at Sheffield Hallam, yeh I presumed we do get something, so far just been the offer letter.

I just can't wait to get started and jack my current job in.

Are you looking forward to getting started?

Sam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, nice to talk to someone else :smile: I presume we will get some more information at some point... really want to start finding out more! x
Reply 23
I have not had a reply from them after I sent my grades and offer response back, is that you the same as you guys?
I haven't heard anything since I sent my offer response back either. Not sent my exam stuff yet though as I haven't finished.
Reply 25
Well I emailed my results, had to dig them out. I did my degree at Hallam and they still wanted all my results.
I was expecting them to at least send a response just acknowledge that they had received them but nvm.

Have you guys been to Sheffield before?

Sam
Reply 26
I sent them copies of my certificates etc and didn't hear anything back either. My best friend studied midwifery at Sheffield Hallam so I stayed with her a few times, and I've been to Sheffield for the interview, but apart from that haven't been much. I can't wait to start and get back to uni! I graduated in November and since then have just been working part time.

I'm just assuming we won't hear much back now until people have got results.
Reply 27
Well I know my way round pretty well, so if you want to know anything feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
That's kind of you thanks :smile:
I'm a bit worried about where to park and i'll be driving every day, so do you know of any cheap/free car parks near our campus?x
Reply 29
That's a tricky one a lot of the area around ecclesall road is residential so a lot of places u need a permit during the day but some of it is pay and display. Where will you be driving from?
Reply 30
Well I haven't figured it out yet, but I come from North Yorkshire, so will either travel every day to uni or will stay in a travel lodge in Sheffield. But will be driving to campus either way (from home or travel lodge depending on which I do). Do you live in Sheffield?
Reply 31
No I live in Manchester.

I think the uni may help with accommodation if u live where ur placement is, I think I remember them saying that anyway. When you know what u are doing it will easier anyway, when that does happen I will be happy to help.

P.s when you start uni I would have a drive round when the roads are quiet in the city centre, there are a lot of one way roads, and buses and taxi only roads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for offering any help :smile: I have been to Sheffield a couple of times now and love the city from what I've seen so far. I am going to have to move to Sheffield and not really sure what to do about accommodation though.
Reply 33
Are you going to live in Sheffield and commute? I was planning on living where my placement is and staying in Sheffield when I we are in uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Thanks for advice. I definitely think I will have to have a drive around first so I know where I am going and i'll try and check out parking too. Where are hoping to go for your placement?
Reply 35
I want to go to get one at Leeds, but its just the luck of the draw I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Hi guys, I found out today that I've got an offer for September too :smile: (apparently the letter was sent out in March, must have got lost in the post..) I asked when we'd find out where our placement was, and she said not til late August! Kind of annoying because I really wanted to get some accommodation sorted ASAP!
Reply 37
Yeh I know what u mean I have been wanting to sort stuff out as well, I thought we would know in July after degree classifications come out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Rach nice to meet via someone else :smile: There is quite a few of us on here now. Seems like it's going to be quite a long wait before we can start organising anything...
Reply 39
Hi Rach, its so nice to start chatting to some people starting the course in sept! I am so excited. Cannot believe that we have to wait til July/August to find out where we will be placed, but nevermind, I'm just glad I got a place.

What degree have you got/are you working towards?
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending