The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam-Radiotherapy and Oncology

I am planning on applying for radiotherapy and oncology at Sheffield Hallam university. I noticed that the course only has a 41% student satisfaction at discover uni. I was just wondering if someone who does/did this course at SHU could give me their opinion on it.
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning on applying for radiotherapy and oncology at Sheffield Hallam university. I noticed that the course only has a 41% student satisfaction at discover uni. I was just wondering if someone who does/did this course at SHU could give me their opinion on it.

Hi, thank you for getting in touch! Although I didn't study this course, I would suggest that everyone’s experience is different, courses often have recent developments and try and improve on feedback given on previous students. Also some of these students may have studied during the pandemic which might have effected the results. There's lots to consider and you may want to look at other statistics which you could find on The Uniguide.

Wishing you the best of luck with deciding everything!
Phoebe
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

From my experience the course was really good. Quality of the teaching was great and opportunities to network also great. I believe SHU is the biggest recruiter of radiotherapy students in the country so lots of opportunities to have
Original post by JordanRT
From my experience the course was really good. Quality of the teaching was great and opportunities to network also great. I believe SHU is the biggest recruiter of radiotherapy students in the country so lots of opportunities to have

Hey Jordan,

I will be starting this course from this September.

Just wondering how good the career progression is for this course...

I jave searched up jobs on the NHS website amd most of them are diagnostic Radiographer role, so I was just wondering is the job prospect not good as a radiotherapist?

Also, I have heard that SHU does placements in sheffield, Leicester, nottingham etc. Which of these cities are best for placement? Ie, which of them have the latest technology and stuff like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending