The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Nerves

In a few months, I will be going to an induction week at the Sixth Form I was to join. I am very much looking forward to it, but the problem is, I am very nervous (I know its natural, but I want some confidence). I will be going with a few of my friends, but I will be alone in some of my lessons. I hate having to be alone in sociable environments. I am also very shy, so I will find it hard to talk to others and make new friends. I am also getting very anxious that I won't be able to find my lesson rooms. I know everyone usually gets nervous on their first day, I just feel like I'm the only one who is REALLY scared.

Do you have any tips for going into a new sixth form so I can gain some confidence? I was also wondering if anyone could let me know of their first experience of Sixth Form, how it went for them and how they felt.
Reply 1
Original post by ChloeJM
In a few months, I will be going to an induction week at the Sixth Form I was to join. I am very much looking forward to it, but the problem is, I am very nervous (I know its natural, but I want some confidence). I will be going with a few of my friends, but I will be alone in some of my lessons. I hate having to be alone in sociable environments. I am also very shy, so I will find it hard to talk to others and make new friends. I am also getting very anxious that I won't be able to find my lesson rooms. I know everyone usually gets nervous on their first day, I just feel like I'm the only one who is REALLY scared.

Do you have any tips for going into a new sixth form so I can gain some confidence? I was also wondering if anyone could let me know of their first experience of Sixth Form, how it went for them and how they felt.

i was in the same position, though, it was a fair few years ago for me,
just ask i guess, these people probably dont know you, so its a new start, and you can be who you want,
you will end up making more friends in youre clases, even if you are shy,but it will be nice to have the old ones there if needs be :smile:
good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jones107
i was in the same position, though, it was a fair few years ago for me,
just ask i guess, these people probably dont know you, so its a new start, and you can be who you want,
you will end up making more friends in youre clases, even if you are shy,but it will be nice to have the old ones there if needs be :smile:
good luck :smile:

Thank you for your post. I really hope I do make friends in my class!
Reply 3
you will dont worry :smile:
you made friends before so you can do it again :cool:
Reply 4
You won't be the only person who is new there, there will be loads of other people in your exact situation. I went to a sixth form where I knew no one beforehand. With regards to you not knowing where the classrooms are, my sixth form was fairly big but I got the hang of things in a week or so. And my sixth form got a few students in the upper year to give us a tour of everything beforehand, so when you get there, just ask someone to show you around, they wont mind. And with making friends, you'll get to know everyone in your class as you're in there, sharing lessons with them for 1-2 years. Also I personally liked the friends I made at sixth form compared to before. Any other questions feel free to pm me :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending