The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWantedGuy
'Hour' and 'The Farmer's Bride'.

Cool great so what ones do you think are gonna come up then? :smile:
Reply 61
I'm doing the same exams. I don't know about the poems exam but I know the only two characters not to have come up for OMAM are Curley and Slim and for AIC Eric hasn't come up yet. If this helps.
Reply 62
What poems came up in the conflict section of the Jan 2013 unit 2 exam?
Reply 63
I've got all the past questions from the Conflict Cluster, OMAM and Inspector Calls. If anyone would find them useful I could post them here ;3
Reply 64
The Jan 2013 conflict poems would be very useful!!!
Reply 65
Original post by star100
The Jan 2013 conflict poems would be very useful!!!

'At the Border' - How conflict and war affect feelings about a place.

'next to course god america i' - Compare methods use to present their points of view.

Reply 66
Does anyone know the character and voice poems that came up this January?
Or similarly if anyone knows the stories that came up from sunlight on the grass that would be helpful, thanks :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Obliviate
I've got all the past questions from the Conflict Cluster, OMAM and Inspector Calls. If anyone would find them useful I could post them here ;3

In a list?

If so, yes please.
Original post by iceangel8
Cool great so what ones do you think are gonna come up then? :smile:

I think that 'To His Coy Mistress', 'Born yesterday' and 'Ghazal' are the most likely ones. What do you think?

There is virtually no chance of 'Hour' or 'The Farmer's Bride' coming up since they came up last series.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Esta77
I'm doing the same exams. I don't know about the poems exam but I know the only two characters not to have come up for OMAM are Curley and Slim and for AIC Eric hasn't come up yet. If this helps.

Arthur Birling hasn't come up either, has he?
So for Of Mice and Men if Slim and Curley haven't come up, the style of question is probably going to be "How does Steinbeck use character x present ideas about the 1930's" and for Slim and Curley I'm finding it hard to find context for those two? Anyone have any ideas?
Original post by iceangel8
So for Of Mice and Men if Slim and Curley haven't come up, the style of question is probably going to be "How does Steinbeck use character x present ideas about the 1930's" and for Slim and Curley I'm finding it hard to find context for those two? Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think they can link to context :s-smilie: One year setting came up, about the bunkhouse I think. Considering that all the main characters that can link to context have come up, I'm expecting a setting question. Or maybe a repeat of a previous year, but the question is asking something different. Idk.
In terms of context I don't think the American Dream has been asked...

And if anyone has the questions for character and voice that came up in January, could you please post them :smile:
Original post by the mad scientist
I don't think they can link to context :s-smilie: One year setting came up, about the bunkhouse I think. Considering that all the main characters that can link to context have come up, I'm expecting a setting question. Or maybe a repeat of a previous year, but the question is asking something different. Idk.
In terms of context I don't think the American Dream has been asked...

And if anyone has the questions for character and voice that came up in January, could you please post them :smile:

That's so true because there isn't much to write about!! I guess we'll just have to wait and see, that's why exams are so annoying because there could be some random weird question like An Inspector Calls in June 2012 a passage came up which has never been done before so there is no formula to the type of questions that come up :frown:
Slim all the way!
Reply 74
Hey guys can I just get a clarification the poetry exam is on the 23rd right? On my timetable it just says English literature on both days but not specifying which one :frown: I'm doing omam and Aic and for the poetry the relationships cluster!

hope the revision is going well guys :smile:
Reply 75
Here are all the past questions in the Conflict cluster:

June 2011
- Belfast Confetti / Compare how poets present the effects of conflict.
- Bayonet Charge / Compare how poets present the experience of soldiers.

January 2012
- Poppies / Compare how poems use language to present strong feelings.
- Futility / Compare how poets show attitudes to war.

June 2012
- Mametz Wood / Compare how poets present the effects of the war.
- The Charge of the Light Brigade / Compare how poets present bravery.

January 2013
- At the Border / Compare the ways poets show how conflict and war affect feelings about a place.
- next to god of course america i / Compare the methods poets use to present their points of view.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Pretty confident with poems and IC, its just I don't know what's going to happen with OMAM!
Hey,

I'm doing An Inspector Calls, TKAM and the Character and Voice cluster.

Does any one have any tips on how to revise, especially for TKAM as it is so long?? Also, any guesses about what will come up?

In the poetry exam, do you get given 1 poem or 2? I thought you get given 1 and you get to choose the other, and then there is the unseen poem in section B?
Reply 79
Original post by ryanroks1
In the poetry exam, do you get given 1 poem or 2? I thought you get given 1 and you get to choose the other, and then there is the unseen poem in section B?

Yh that's right but in section a you can choose between two questions which ask you to compare a different poem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending