The Student Room Group

UCL?

I had a conversation with my boyfriend last night and he told me he thinks I should consider applying to UCL.
I'm currently trying to decide where to apply for 2014 entry for history and so far I've decided on Leicester and Nottingham.

I start my access course in September so I'll be applying with that as my entry qualification and basically just wondered how hard it is to get in to UCL?

I'd also like to know good it is as a uni and what the history course is like?
I echo your question only I have my heart set on UCL, but the general census Im getting is that its pretty tough! :s-smilie:
I'm about to start my A levels through ICS as im 22 but worry it will reflect bad on me as I haven't gone to college or done great in my GCSE's.
Read the course descriptions carefully. Sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people don't.

No two 'History' courses will be exactly the same - different topics, different approach, different assessment etc etc - you can't choose a course on the 'reputation' of the University or what 'other people' think of it. Read the descriptions of the optional units in all of the three years of the course. Which would you choose - and why? And go to Open Days - these really are the best way of discovering the 'flavour' of a University and deciding if its the right place for you.

You need also to check that any Uni you apply to, will accept an Access Course for admissions. Not all Access courses are the same - and many Universities wont accept them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Are the A levels ill be taking through ICS classed as access though if i sit my exams with an actual exam board?? excuse me if this is a stupid question i've been out of the education game a while.
An 'Access course' is one designed to allow mature and other non-standard applicants without A levels to enter University via a separate route. A levels are A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending