The Student Room Group

Anyone else finding numerical reasoning tests difficult?

Hi

I read on wikijobs that "Graduates who have not had a significant mathematical component to their degree will find the numerical tests challenging, and practice is advised."

This very much applies to me so I could do with some advice from someone who has got through the tests having struggled with them please.

Has anyone had tuition for them?

I'm guessing the key is practice but it's just been so long since I covered anything like it. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Mr Student
Hi

I read on wikijobs that "Graduates who have not had a significant mathematical component to their degree will find the numerical tests challenging, and practice is advised."

This very much applies to me so I could do with some advice from someone who has got through the tests having struggled with them please.

I'm guessing the key is practice but it's just been so long since I covered anything like it. Any advice?

Buy the assessment day pack and keep practising
Reply 2
Original post by daindian
Buy the assessment day pack and keep practising

Okay ... were you finding this difficult too? Also where can I purchase it from?

Thanks!
Reply 3
Okay ... were you finding this difficult too? Also where can I purchase it from?

Thanks!

Google my assessment day and no I was struggling with the logical reasoning tests
Reply 4
Try www (dot) gradreasoningtests (dot) com I found that the more I practiced the easier they become, and Graduate Reasoning Tests doesn't charge you for the privilege unlike the other sites........GOOD LUCK :smile:
Hi

I disagree with the statement, other than that practice is a good idea! There is nothing on the tests that isn't covered in GCSE Maths, so I don't see why a significant amount of your degree has to be mathematics.

Practice percentage changes, currency conversions, and table / graph reading. Most questions involve the above with some arithmetic. Once you get used to the style of question, you'll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by Hedgeman49
I disagree with the statement, other than that practice is a good idea! There is nothing on the tests that isn't covered in GCSE Maths, so I don't see why a significant amount of your degree has to be mathematics.

Practice percentage changes, currency conversions, and table / graph reading. Most questions involve the above with some arithmetic. Once you get used to the style of question, you'll be fine.

Sound advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Can we take from you bringing this thread back from the dead after six months that you've managed to pass one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending