The Student Room Group

Incompetence from teachers resulting in withdrawal from exam, Can i claim a refund?

Hello I´m Jack and this is my first time posting on this website I have just been told that i have been withdrawn from my exam due to two previous email errors from members of staff when i attempted to hand in coursework. the first error was my tutor´s general incompetence of not checking her emails during the date of the final deadline after appealing i was told they would ask for special consideration. I have then received an email today at 9am saying that i have until 12 noon to email my assignment today and that this email was sent to me a week ago the Fwd. is send to a mock of my email address that is missing 3 digits essentially meaning it was sent to no one. This to me is a clear sign of foul play as this tutor has emailed me before with no issue. Now that I´ve missed this 2nd opportunity i fear that is too late to be given special consideration again and I fear I wasn´t given any special consideration in the first place!! The institution I am studying at is Belfast Met and I at least expect my course fees refunded. So I can continue my studies next year as i have only got enough to pay for these fees once and I think i should definitely have a case seeming both of these issues were of no fault of my own. Thanks for any input

Jack

Quick Reply

Latest