The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Anyone doing Graphic Design in Chester 2013?

Is anybody doing Graphic Design in the Kingsway Campus in sept 2013?
Id like to get to know a few people before I start and vice versa? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
​Hi I'll be starting this year. Topping up from Foundation Degree
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh great! I feel alittle better now haha, so have you been to Chester before then ?
Reply 3
Only from visiting and open days. I've spent 4 years doing graphics at college :smile: are you topping up or have you been there a while?
Reply 4
Oh great! :smile: I've only done graphic design for 2 years so far, and erm Im starting new in september for the whole 3 years so is that top up ?
Yeah same about Chester though, I've been only a few times, but I got my accommodation about 2 months ago, about a week after I was accepted and offered a place. It's a house share 2 minuet walk from the train station and main shopping bit, and 6-7 minuet walk to lingered campas so it's ideal! Really cheap aswell it's only £85 a week and that's including electric, gas, water, Internet and all that :smile: I move in there on the 1st of September so I can get used to Chester n that. I have no idea what to do on my first day! Will they send me a letter on what to do ?
Reply 5
*kingsway campas
Reply 6
If you're doing three years at Chester, you'll be starting the course from the start. Instead of your first two years, I did Foundation Degree instead and then top up to the final uni year. Out of curiosity, what road is your accommodation on? I'm actually looking around for housing still and are there any rooms available in that? :smile:
Reply 7
Oh right, yeah I wasnt sure what it ment like, thanks haha. And it's Ermine road but all the places are full sorry, I went on the Chester accommodation website and wrote down a few houses I like the look of, and personally emailed the name to who it said I'd have to contact and he sent an email back saying the house I wanted was full up but he had others, you should try that.
My Landlords called Graham Ivory if you want to email him ?
All his houses where £85 pw
Reply 8
Thanks fellow. I actually got a house today on Vernon Road for about £94 pw but I like it a lot. I think you'll be a first year then, I'm starting on the second year so totally different classes
Reply 9
Arh no, back to square one with not knowing anybody then :frown:! And congratulations on finding a house!!
It's gonna be hard but I'm a super organised and I've already worked out with the money I'm getting, minus rent/Bills and also putting £5 a week savings I will have £50 a week to spend on food and anything else for the 10 months my contract is with the house. So if I get a job ontop of that I'm laughing all the way to the bank haha but I'm reasonably happy that I can sustain a level of living with the £50 a week. do you have any idea what you'll be on ?
Reply 10
I probably still see around somewhere :wink: I'm relying half on my student grant and half on my job in web design. As long as I can work two solid days from where I'm living, I should have a manageable balance!
Hi! I've applied for Graphics Design at Chester for my first year :smile:
Just finished my A Levels in it, think I'll get the right grades in graphics, it's just my other subjects that I'm relying on now. :P
Reply 12
Oh great! I hope you get the grades then!
Have you got your accommodation yet ?
Reply 13
Do you guys know the date of the start of term? I don't know if it would be different for different years, is it like mid-Sept?
Reply 14
Well on my ucas it says, Course start: 23rd of September. But surely we will get instructions on what to do and where to go ?
Reply 15
Yeah I'm still expecting my enrolment papers in the post, we need to enrol first and by that time we should have all our dates, details and directions!
Reply 16
Oh right, any idea when theyl come ?
Reply 17
Early September I found out. Seems a bit late if you ask me.
Reply 18
Woah, that's really late! I'll be in my new house by then and I'll have to keep checking back home for the letter :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I'm starting in Sep I've been accepted so looking forward I'm a mature student though (well 25 so not really that old! Nd not really that mature either) hahaha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending