The Student Room Group

Sixth form (Dropping subject)

I've come to the end of my Sixth form and i have completed all my subjects but one where i have falling behind a lot and i have a lot of work to do in 2 weeks and i have said to my teachers that i want to drop it as it is to much for me. They have have reacted by sending me letters telling me i will be fined if i do not attend. Surely its my decision as i am 18?

I number of people at my sixth form have just stopped going to their lessons and nothing happened even dropped out, but i am receiving threats of a fine.:confused:
Original post by jakeel
I've come to the end of my Sixth form and i have completed all my subjects but one where i have falling behind a lot and i have a lot of work to do in 2 weeks and i have said to my teachers that i want to drop it as it is to much for me. They have have reacted by sending me letters telling me i will be fined if i do not attend. Surely its my decision as i am 18?

I number of people at my sixth form have just stopped going to their lessons and nothing happened even dropped out, but i am receiving threats of a fine.:confused:

Finish all the work you have to do for AS, then drop it for A2.
Speak to the school, explain to them that you are planning to drop it at the end of AS, and see what they say. They cant force you to do the subject year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending