The Student Room Group

How do you grow your eyelashes?

Hii I used to wear mascara on a regular basis and all of a suden my eyelashes just shrunk. I havent worn mascra for over a year abd a half now and they still wont grow back.
Does anyone know how to.make your eyelashes grow longer and thicker?
Ps. I have tried putting vaseline in them but i dont think its very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try using castor oil. It works for me :smile:
Reply 2
I have really long eyelashes, annoying as hell
Reply 3
Original post by stariq1
Try using castor oil. It works for me :smile:

thanks i will try that hopefully it works for me to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by 2ndClass
I have really long eyelashes, annoying as hell

why are they annoying? i.love naturally long eyelashes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buy an eyelash moisturiser or something. I used to pull my eyelashes out and they grew straight back.
Reply 6
Original post by XXSimranXX
thanks i will try that hopefully it works for me to

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't, I've tried it before and my eyes really stung! Apparently it can really damage your eyes and if you put it on before you go to sleep you won't even notice :/

You could try lash extensions if you don't mind not going au naturel?
Reply 7
Original post by muffin_selight
Buy an eyelash moisturiser or something. I used to pull my eyelashes out and they grew straight back.

do u know if any eyelash moisturisers?it sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ezekiella
I wouldn't, I've tried it before and my eyes really stung! Apparently it can really damage your eyes and if you put it on before you go to sleep you won't even notice :/

You could try lash extensions if you don't mind not going au naturel?

ohh okk i wnt do that then nd no i wana b natural

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Long lashes can be very annoying though, especially in the outer corners where the upper and bottom ones clump together...arrgggh!
I heard baby oil works pretty good..never tried it though
do u know if any eyelash moisturisers?it sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry. I was only suggesting it. I didn't use one, I was just saying that I used to pull mine out as a nervous habit and they grew straight back..
Reply 11
Drink a tablespoon of MSM with hot water and your eyelashes will grow like crazy! Only downfall is that all other parts of your body where hair grows (areas you may not want hair) will grow incredibly fast too.
Vaseline is good, I use it. Just apply a little bit with your fingers on your eyelashes every night before you go to sleep - although it works better when you apply it during the day as well. I use mascara too often so thats not the case for me, but it helps to keep them soft as well, which is a bonus.
Reply 13
Original post by klaireknox
Drink a tablespoon of MSM with hot water and your eyelashes will grow like crazy! Only downfall is that all other parts of your body where hair grows (areas you may not want hair) will grow incredibly fast too.

hmm wots msm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by justlollypopx
Vaseline is good, I use it. Just apply a little bit with your fingers on your eyelashes every night before you go to sleep - although it works better when you apply it during the day as well. I use mascara too often so thats not the case for me, but it helps to keep them soft as well, which is a bonus.

I use vaseline but dnt find it very effective. I used to have fairly long eyelashes nd den wen i started wearin mascra too often sey jus shrunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

MSM is sulfur, it's very good for you and does many wonderful things. If you google it, you'll see what I mean. I have posted a link below that will suit your needs. I have very long eyelashes due to MSM.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16891
Reply 16
you can buy lash inserts they put them in and they stay there like a month like hair extentions
Reply 17
Original post by usernme_
you can buy lash inserts they put them in and they stay there like a month like hair extentions

hmm but i want them to be naturally long so i dnt think i want to put inserts in like j want them ti jus grow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by klaireknox
MSM is sulfur, it's very good for you and does many wonderful things. If you google it, you'll see what I mean. I have posted a link below that will suit your needs. I have very long eyelashes due to MSM.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16891

thanks ill go check out da link

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I put baby/ any other oil on my eyes every night (blessed to have long eye lashes), use it to remove the make up and I wear mascara quite a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest