The Student Room Group

Civil Service Graduate Fast Stream 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hibblejibble
Does anyone know the actual time limit on the online selection test is? I just took the practice one and I'm worried that it was nowhere near enough time to complete all of the questions.

Hi,

For the online tests you have:

20 minutes to answer 40 questions for the verbal reasoning
25 minutes to answer 20 questions for the numerical reasoning

So they are very similar in terms of how long you have per question as the practice ones I'm afraid. I'd practice as much as you can and for the verbal reasoning if you're running out of time you can skip reading the passage and just guess based on your own knowledge rather than leaving them unanswered. Also there's another practice test for each here: https://www.gov.uk/civil-service-fast-stream-how-to-apply under open access tests if you haven't already done them :smile:
Has anyone who passed not been given a start date yet? I'm on the analytical stream and got allocated a department but they still haven't given me any details. Keep saying they'll advise as son as possible...
I applied for the communications fast stream and just found out that I passed the e-tray. It seems at least for that stream the immediately successful/unsuccessful marks have been set. It's worth checking your application status on the site if you're waiting as I didn't get messaged either within the fast stream site or to my email account.
Original post by egbertonline
I applied for the communications fast stream and just found out that I passed the e-tray. It seems at least for that stream the immediately successful/unsuccessful marks have been set. It's worth checking your application status on the site if you're waiting as I didn't get messaged either within the fast stream site or to my email account.

Hi, there' a thread for this year's applicants here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2742964&page=47

:smile:
Reply 3664
How long till people find out if they have got the placement after interview ?
Hey how are you finding the diplomatic service I'm looking to apply this year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Hi Natalie, Did you get through? I am about to take this test and wondered what it involved/how I should prepare? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending