The Student Room Group

Ideas for university applications :)

I'm about to start year 13 in September, studying English Language and Literature and Spanish with predicted grades of A*AA for Summer 2014. I have 6 A*s, 4 As and 1 B at GCSE and would like to study Spanish and Linguistics at university. I was wondering if I could get any ideas for where to apply for next year. Things to consider would be:

A city or large town with lots to do
A good students' union
A variety of clubs and societies- especially student radio/tv/news opportunities
Easy to get around by foot and/or public transport

I live in London and would like to move outside there. I'm going to do some research of my own, but I'd really like to hear some other opinions! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by peacefullyme
I'm about to start year 13 in September, studying English Language and Literature and Spanish with predicted grades of A*AA for Summer 2014. I have 6 A*s, 4 As and 1 B at GCSE and would like to study Spanish and Linguistics at university. I was wondering if I could get any ideas for where to apply for next year. Things to consider would be:

A good students' union
A variety of clubs and societies- especially student radio/tv/news opportunities

I live in London and would like to move outside there. I'm going to do some research of my own, but I'd really like to hear some other opinions! :smile:

Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham?
Edinburgh, Bristol, Cardiff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peacefullyme

A good students' union

Oxford's Spanish and Linguistics course seems to fit your criteria - and your grades are good enough. (Though at Oxford there's no real Student Union, strictly speaking, but the role of the SU has been devolved to each individual college)

I have a friend doing French and Spanish who is involved in Student Radio - there are plenty of opportunities. Also, Oxford is great for getting around by foot - I very rarely have to walk more than 10 minutes to get anywhere.
Reply 4
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Also, Oxford is great for getting around by foot - I very rarely have to walk more than 10 minutes to get anywhere.

(Unless you're at St Hugh's :ninja:)
Original post by Anatheme
(Unless you're at St Hugh's :ninja:)

Shhh we won't mention Hugh's :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending