The Student Room Group

Missed calls from blocked number

I saw I'd missed 3 called from a blocked number, then they tried calling again so I picked up and it was someone singing 'I'm a Barbie girl' in a really high pitched voice. It sounded like someone was choking him as he sang. I just hung up. They've tried calling 2 more times. I'm slightly scared and disturbed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hahaha, stalker alert! :rofl:
Reply 2
Original post by ipoop
Hahaha, stalker alert! :rofl:

I rarely give my number out as it is. :frown:
(Protenially drunken) prank call from a friend?
Reply 4
Sounds like a prank call. I'd just ignore it.
Reply 5
Sorry i'll stop
Reply 6
Original post by theorangebox
(Protenially drunken) prank call from a friend?

At 4 in the afternoon?! Actually, knowing my friends...

Original post by F1Addict
Sounds like a prank call. I'd just ignore it.

They're calling right now :zomg: It's so creepy. *turns phone off*
Sounds like somesort of prank. Don't worry, it's not the like person has your address and knows where you live.

I once recieved a text message at 3am in the morning. Said 'hello, text back'. I didn't text back and about 5 minutes later another one said 'scared then' (something along those lines).
Reply 8
Prank calls eh? If their just singing rubbish I wouldn't be alarmed, I occasionally get prank calls asking if I want elephants etc
The worst is when some one PURPOSELY drop calls you with private number- you sit there thinking :redface:

Spoiler

Looooool, singing Im a barbie girl cracked me up.
Reply 10
Original post by J_W-x
Sorry i'll stop

I would appreciate it. :lol:

Original post by Beatlemania
Sounds like somesort of prank. Don't worry, it's not the like person has your address and knows where you live.

I once recieved a text message at 3am in the morning. Said 'hello, text back'. I didn't text back and about 5 minutes later another one said 'scared then' (something along those lines).

I hope they don't! :nooo:

Rofl that's just beyond creepy! Did you text back? I once had a text from someone called 'Chainsaw' - or that's how he introduced himself :erm:
Reply 11
Wish I had someone to prank me like that :moon:
Original post by eliza.anne

Rofl that's just beyond creepy! Did you text back? I once had a text from someone called 'Chainsaw' - or that's how he introduced himself :erm:

Yeah I know. No I didn't, like with all those, just thought well someone's got to much time on their hands. (& I was trying to sleep!).
I wouldn't worry too much about it as it's most likely a prank.
Just ignore them if they call again, they'll get bored after a while...
Reply 14
They're calling right now :zomg: It's so creepy. *turns phone off*

If they call again, answer but mute your phone. That way the call will keep going, but you won't hear a thing. Hopefully they'll eventually give up.
Reply 15
Original post by ipoop
Wish I had someone to prank me like that :moon:

Maybe one day :mmm:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Looooool, singing Im a barbie girl cracked me up.

It's so bizarre :lol:

Original post by tigerz
Prank calls eh? If their just singing rubbish I wouldn't be alarmed, I occasionally get prank calls asking if I want elephants etc
The worst is when some one PURPOSELY drop calls you with private number- you sit there thinking :redface:

Spoiler

But do you want elephants? :mmm: Yeah they sounded terrible :tongue:
Prank calls. I prank called someone's dad and told him I was from the New York Police Department and his son was wanted in connection with a homicide :teehee:
I once got a voicemail from someone with a Russian accent calling themselves Vladimir asking where their money was.

Turns out it was my (female) friend. She does a damn convincing Russian accent. I actually was scared for a bit haha.
Maybe one day :mmm:

It's so bizarre :lol:

Why don't you autoreject calls from unknown numbers for awhile untill they give up?
Reply 19

I replied with 'don't like elephants, me want penguins' and the peeople started laughing really loudly so I recognised them :P
Yeah, sho sad :'(

Quick Reply

Latest