The Student Room Group

Not excited about university.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simonion
Unless there was no chance of you meeting the entry requirements (i.e. A*AA pharmacy at LSE and you're predicted ABB) they should be encouraging you, absolutely. If this isn't the case however, and you wanted to apply for courses you had a shot at getting onto at RG unis, I'd be considering my options to complain about this. After all, this could end up wasting a year of your life. Always aim as high as you can, and then some!

Edit; just read your comments. If you are predicted ABB and the entry requirements are AAB. There is simply no way they should be telling you not to go for that. There's this thing called incentive. If there's a chance you could be going to a prestigious university you'd rather go to, you're incentivised to study harder and do better in your exams.. surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh i mean most likely im getting ABB
if i took a year out and resit modules to get it to AAB to get into Russell group universities will that be fine?
Reply 21
Original post by Pandasareamazing

My question is what do i do?

Follow the course i want to do at a university i dont want to go to
Pick a course i wouldnt mind at a university i do want to go to.

It's up to you, of course, but my personal opinion is that the most important issue in university choices is to be studying the subject you want to study. It seems, from this and subsequent posts, that for you that subject is pharmacy which means you shouldn't waste your time and money studying Chemistry anywhere. Having identified the subject you want to study, you should aim to study it at the University that will give you the best education that suits your learning style that you can get into. If better universities than the one you have an offer from require grades you don't have then it seems right to study your subject at the uni that will allow you to do it. If you do better than the grades required for your offer, you could try adjustment (which wouldn't require you to decline your existing offer) in August. If you don't exceed the grades for your offer but you still meet the requirements for a University you prefer you could reject your offers in order to enter clearing. If you get grades that would get you into a University that you would prefer to attend and can't get in via adjustment then you can decline your offer and re-apply the following cycle. Please ignore the suggestion from another poster that being a year older would be a competitive disadvantage in the eyes of employers - that would be both illegal and idiotic on their part and really doesn't happen - no employer that stupid is likely to be in business long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending