The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagicRat
Team name: The Outsiders

I think the H2H should be for those that finished top 20 in the classic league last year.

You could sent up another one for that purpose?
Original post by SirMasterKey
You could sent up another one for that purpose?

I don't qualify.
Name: Sepp Guardiola
I had RVP from start to finish last season but this season I think I am going to gamble and not get him. Unless Bale goes to Real Madrid. Trying to fit both in just leaves me with a half weak team.
Algebrazil. Sexy team.

Stekelenburg

Agger Koscielny Zabaleta Ivanovic

Cazorla Giaccherini Oscar Coutinho

Bony Altidore

Subs: Speroni, Amat, Walters, Cornelius.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Algebrazil. Sexy team.

Stekelenburg

Agger Koscielny Zabaleta Ivanovic

Cazorla Giaccherini Oscar Coutinho

Bony Altidore

Subs: Speroni, Amat, Walters, Cornelius.

Oscar will most likely miss first game of the season and there's competition in Chelsea's midfield. Buy Hazard or Mata if you can.
Also, Luiz would be better of (in my opinion), Jose Mourinho will use him as a CDM/CB which may rack up more points than Ivanovic. So I would swap them both.
Original post by cleveradam
Oscar will most likely miss first game of the season and there's competition in Chelsea's midfield. Buy Hazard or Mata if you can.
Also, Luiz would be better of (in my opinion), Jose Mourinho will use him as a CDM/CB which may rack up more points than Ivanovic. So I would swap them both.

Ivanovic has a much greater goalscoring threat than Luiz IMO and is a much 'safer' option for Mour at the back so I think will play more. Luiz at CDM would naturally get more cards and be a bit of a suicidal pick.

As for Oscar, I'll wait til the first couple of games are out of the way - I think he's a steal at his current price.
Ivanovic has a much greater goalscoring threat than Luiz IMO and is a much 'safer' option for Mour at the back so I think will play more. Luiz at CDM would naturally get more cards and be a bit of a suicidal pick.

I'd argue the opposite - I'd say Luiz is first choice CB now.

As for Oscar, I'll wait til the first couple of games are out of the way - I think he's a steal at his current price.

Just a warning, Mourinho said that Ivanovic would be used as a right back so I think he'll rotated with Azpi. He also mentioned that Luiz's best position was in defence, so I think first choice CB pairing will be Luiz and Terry.
Original post by cleveradam

Mourinho's hinted that Mata won't play in the first game as Spain have a friendly a few days before.
Reply 190
I will be doing this for the fourth year in a row, hopefully I might finally get a bit lucky. When I can think of a team name I'll post it.
Any idea what the Mancity striker scenario is going to be? Aguero still as the main man?
Reply 192
My first attempt

My midfield is almost definitely going to change as I want either Mata or Hazard in there. I don't really know who to get from City and Fellaini and Coutinho I'm a bit unsure on.

All 4 of my subs should start a majority of the games and Whittingham is always useful.
Reply 193
FIXTURE CHANGE Chelsea v Aston Villa will now take place on Wednesday August 21 at 1945 BST. #CHEAVL

GW1 DGW for both sides then.

Chelsea will have Hull and Villa home and Villa will have Arsenal and Chelsea away.
Reply 194
Think I might pop Torres in for Sturridge in GW1 then.
An excuse to have a Villa player then :holmes:
Lukaku is very tempting. If he keeps up this pre-season form I'm going to risk him.
Reply 197
Original post by Isometrix
Lukaku is very tempting. If he keeps up this pre-season form I'm going to risk him.

If lukaku was a guaranteed starter then he would be one of the most picked players in the game. The question marks over his game time is his only flaw here really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Rusty Spork
If lukaku was a guaranteed starter then he would be one of the most picked players in the game. The question marks over his game time is his only flaw here really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's still good coming off the bench though as he showed a number of times last season. I think he'll worth it for the DGW, if he can at least start one game and feature in the other.
Reply 199
Just signed up. Will register for the league later when i've got a rough draft of my team sorted.

Latest