The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Moses for 6.2 :beard:
Sturridge's price is going to reach 12.0 by the end of the season at this rate.
dissapointed hernandez didnt play, but my sub scored 3pts, so isnt to bad..

Will end on 54, when my subs points are added..

Not bad, but will probably sitll lead to a fairly big fall in places..

Ah well, long season ahead :smile:
Alright: Sturridge or Giroud? I'm leaning towards the Frenchie at the moment. I'm just going to accept the four point deduction and be done with it.
Original post by wrexhamfc
Alright: Sturridge or Giroud? I'm leaning towards the Frenchie at the moment. I'm just going to accept the four point deduction and be done with it.

Sturridge has got a piss easy run of games.

Original post by The Rusty Spork

Tempting isn't it
Original post by fallen_acorns

Will end on 54, when my subs points are added..

54 is a good score.
Reply 1986

Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge. How many games do you honestly envisage him starting? I can see him getting good points off the bench but you could probably get a good starter for 6.2mil?
Reply 1987
74 points. All my strikers scoring, 4/5 defenders clean sheet, both GKs clean sheet. Although I only have 2/3 clean sheet defenders on my starting XI. But not too bad of a GW.

Now I'll have a terrible GW5 as it seems to go for me :tongue:
Reply 1988
Shelvey was ****ing terrible and somehow ended up with 12 points :rofl2:

created 2 goals, conceded 2 goals..

He added a net of nothing, the game... :biggrin:
Reply 1990

Another reason why the new BP system suck, I think Shelvey must've lost like 2 BPS points, and then he gained some with a goal and a assist for Swansea. whilst on the old one, I don't think he would have got 3 BPs.

Conceding a penalty
Missing a penalty (-2 points)
Yellow cards
Red cards (-3 points)
Own goals (-2 points)
Missing a big chance
Making an error which leads to a goal
Every 2 errors leading to an attempt at goal
Being tackled 3 times
Conceding 2 fouls
Being caught offside 3 times
Missing the target with 3 shots

Above is what you lose BPS points for. I think Shelvey only lost out on the bolded part?
A goal and assist were worth much more last year so a goal and assist would definitely have got him the 3 bonus points last year.
I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist over the bonus points. It clearly tells us on the website how BPS are awarded. It's all transparent.

Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, bonus points aren't a man of the match award.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist over the bonus points. It clearly tells us on the website how BPS are awarded. It's all transparent.

Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, bonus points aren't a man of the match award.

I guess it winds me up because it further widens the gap between players who perform well but are not rewarded and players who perform well and are. And I think that's a bad thing for any 'additional' points system to do. It should be narrowing that gap, or not exist at all.
Reply 1994
bugger, lost my H2H by 3 points. First loss :frown:
Reply 1995
Original post by mr tim
Another reason why the new BP system suck, I think Shelvey must've lost like 2 BPS points, and then he gained some with a goal and a assist for Swansea. whilst on the old one, I don't think he would have got 3 BPs.

Above is what you lose BPS points for. I think Shelvey only lost out on the bolded part?

and yellow card.
1st DH1 224 points
2nd littlewizard 223 points
3rd Colbert 222 points

:eek3:

How can it be that ridiculously tight at the top ffs :lolwut:

A shame our overall rankings are absolutely gash, can we team up and make an assault on the leaderboard :puppyeyes: I'm already willing to settle for a top 10k :facepalm2:
Original post by Colbert
1st DH1 224 points
2nd littlewizard 223 points
3rd Colbert 222 points

:eek3:

How can it be that ridiculously tight at the top ffs :lolwut:

A shame our overall rankings are absolutely gash, can we team up and make an assault on the leaderboard :puppyeyes: I'm already willing to settle for a top 10k :facepalm2:

Still early days isn't it? When did you lot settle at the top of the pile last season?
Original post by mr tim

With the old BPS he'd have also gotten 3 BP
Moses would've gotten 2 and Sturridge 1
Reply 1999
Original post by scriggy
Still early days isn't it? When did you lot settle at the top of the pile last season?

Last season 4 of the top 5 were essentially top for the entire season. I tailed off in the 3rd quarter and ended up 5th and the guy who came 4th made a late surge if memory serves me right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest