The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by The Real Quaid
Read a stat yesterday saying that Glen Johnson had the most clean sheets out of all PL defenders last season

Interesting......

Glen Johnson always gets a few goals too.
Original post by The Real Quaid
Read a stat yesterday saying that Glen Johnson had the most clean sheets out of all PL defenders last season

Last season's clean sheets:

Man City - 18
Liverpool - 16
Arsenal - 14
Chelsea - 14
Man Utd - 13

Johnson played in like 36 games last season (not sure if all of those are 60+ mins games though). Think most other clubs rotated or had injuries which meant Johnson kept the most clean sheets.

It's amazing though, you go back to 2008/2009 and the stats were:

Man Utd - 24
Chelsea - 22
Liverpool - 20

Think it shows you how much of a shift there has been from defence to attack in recent years.
Reply 382
Second draft. Thoughts?

Mignolet Marshall
Collins Jagielka Johnson Luiz Shawcross
Coutinho Silva Hazard Redmond Brady
Lambert Benteke Lukaku

They're all fairly 'safe' picks I think.
Original post by scriggy
Second draft. Thoughts?

Mignolet Marshall
Collins Jagielka Johnson Luiz Shawcross
Coutinho Silva Hazard Redmond Brady
Lambert Benteke Lukaku

They're all fairly 'safe' picks I think.

I personally try and avoid having two defenders/goalkeepers from one team. Just one of those "all eggs in one basket" issues where if it works, it's brilliant but if it goes wrong, you fall down quite a bit.

I'd probably be tempted to try and upgrade on Redmond otherwise it's very solid. Maybe work Soldado in depending on his price?
Any thoughts on my draft?

Mignolet Boruc
Zabaleta Mertesacker Demel Clyne Baker
Bale Hazard Silva Coutinho Lucas
Lambert Dzeko Graham

Will probably transfer Hazard out and bring in Carzola after GW1.
Reply 385
Original post by Zerforax

Mignolet Boruc
Lambert Dzeko Graham

Anelka > Graham?

Koren/Whittingham will probably score more points then Lucas and are central to their teams going forward. Pozuelo also looks pretty good but no idea how many games Laudrup will play him in.

Edit: Collins plays just as much as Demel for West Ham so you could save 0.5mil there if you wanted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Deshi
Anelka > Graham?

Koren/Whittingham will probably score more points then Lucas and are central to their teams going forward. Pozuelo also looks pretty good but no idea how many games Laudrup will play him in.

Kim Bo Kyung.
Original post by Zerforax

Mignolet Boruc
Lambert Dzeko Graham

I agree with Deshi that Lucas is a dud option. Get in an attacking midfielder / winger from a lower league team, much more profitable long term. Lots of options are available, Bo Kyung / Whittingham for Cardiff, Thomas for Palace, Koren, Brady...take your pick.

I'm also not too sure about Graham...he was really really **** at Sunderland. Also worth noting on Baker that he is not 100% to start for Villa. He could, especially initially because Okore has been out injured, but I don't think he will long term. Short term he will just provide issues as you have 4 DGW players, so GW3 could be tricky.
Reply 388
Original post by sr90
Kim Bo Kyung.

He's looked decent but I still think Whittingham will score more points.
Original post by Deshi

Fair point - he takes their pens/freekicks doesn't he?
Reply 390
Original post by sr90
Fair point - he takes their pens/freekicks doesn't he?

Yep, corners as well.
Reply 391
I find it extremely surprising that only 6.8% have picked Navas considering his stats last season, although i should see this as an advantage as players like that may be what will help widen the gap for me in the table
Reply 392
There is no guarantee that he will start the majority of games, so it could be a waste of a fairly big chunk of money.
Reply 393
Original post by Josh96
I find it extremely surprising that only 6.8% have picked Navas considering his stats last season, although i should see this as an advantage as players like that may be what will help widen the gap for me in the table

No goals and six assists in the league?
Original post by Deshi

Whittingham did not play towards the end of last season, had been ousted from the team because others were playing better than him. I initially had him in my first draft, but I'm unsure now. Definitely worth a shot though, he could be a very handy player at 5.0...but equally you could be burnt very easily.

Original post by Josh96

As others have said he is highly likely to be rotated, as are the majority of the Man City attack therefore he's not currently a wise way to spend 9.0. If he becomes a clear 1st choice starter in every game then yes, but I doubt that will happen. Any attacking player liable to rotation isn't worth the headache in my opinion, unless they are in a big team and have a low value, i.e. Dzeko.
Reply 395
**** Navas. Hazard is where it's at.
Reply 396
Original post by one2three_abc
Whittingham did not play towards the end of last season, had been ousted from the team because others were playing better than him. I initially had him in my first draft, but I'm unsure now. Definitely worth a shot though, he could be a very handy player at 5.0...but equally you could be burnt very easily.

True but I'm confident he'll start for them in the Premier League.
Reply 397
Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 19.15.44.png

Current team with Bale still in although i've drafted teams without if he moves. Planning on Giroud > Soldado when the game is updated assuming he is around 9/9.5
Reply 398
Original post by Deshi
No goals and six assists in the league?

Im sure i heard he got the most assists in the league last season despite no goals
Team name change #1:

Now at 'Paris Saint-Your Ma'.

Latest