Original post by Mr Advice
I'd like to join - team name: abusenal.

Can anyone PM the code please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

its on the first post :smile: - attached in the word document
Reply 582
Original post by Straight up G
Re the Sturridge/Lukaku debate...

why choose, just pick both. Obviously you won't be able to if you have vP in the team, but personally I've got them both in.

My strike is anelka/lukaku/rvp

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's this obsession about Lukaku? Is he really going to play much for Chelsea? An interesting risk many seem to be taking.
Original post by qr95
My strike is anelka/lukaku/rvp

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good line up. I've got a 4.5, then Sturridge and Romelu, got a strong midfield as a result... I like Anelka but I'm not sure how well he'll do straight away and I reckon my midfielders, who've all got easy starts, will compensate.
Original post by Gob Bluth
What's this obsession about Lukaku? Is he really going to play much for Chelsea? An interesting risk many seem to be taking.

He's started a lot of pre-season for them apparently, and he's got a double game week first up. I'll probably swap him for Soldado after a few weeks if it looks like he'll be rotated.
Reply 586
Original post by jibberish
Fair enough..some good points! Decided to include Luiz instead of Ivanovic but I may change that. Good shout with Walcott as well. Going to stick with Boruc though as I dont think the £0.5m I would save from not having him is going to make much difference.

Want to get Lukaku in somehow as well but its either him or Sturridge and not sure how many games Lukaku is going to get

Why do people get keepers from different clubs?

If i had Mingolet, I'd have Liverpools 2nd choice keeper.

Makes total sense unless they are both ridiculous in expense.
Reply 587
Original post by Vintage
Why do people get keepers from different clubs?

If i had Mingolet, I'd have Liverpools 2nd choice keeper.

Makes total sense unless they are both ridiculous in expense.

That makes no sense :confused:

Why waste money on a second choice keeper when you get a first choice keeper for the same price at a different club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by The Rusty Spork
That makes no sense :confused:

Why waste money on a second choice keeper when you get a first choice keeper for the same price at a different club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i think the point is that if Mignolet isnt playing then the second choice liverpool keeper will definitely play, therefore you will always have a keeper playing. If you get another keeper he might not play when your first choice is out and usually first choice keepers from other clubs are more expensive anyway.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Picking the most in form striker from a top 3 team that starts on a DGW 'an obsession'.

Great hype there.
Original post by fallen_acorns
isnt paker meant to be heading to QPR?

+ even if he isn't, with the new players spurs have added to their midfield, I wouldn't be expecting him to start to often..

I've swapped for Wanyama. Thoughts?
Also, do people think that Mignolet may be a better choice than de Gea?
Original post by KingMessi
Also, do people think that Mignolet may be a better choice than de Gea?

Yep. He managed to keep 11 clean sheets for Sunderland, and I think Liverpool kept the second best defensive record last season. Put two and two together and I think he's a great keeper to have, although he may not get as many saves points as he did at Sunderland.
How do GKs and defenders get points? Is it only for clean sheets (and assists and goals for the defenders)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingMessi
I've swapped [Parker] for Wanyama. Thoughts?

It's like you are on a suicide mission. How about Mila Jedinak of Crystal Palace: A defensive midfielder who's strong in the tackle and scores the occasional goal, in Australia.
(edited 10 years ago)
Cech Boruc
Zabaleta Mertasacker Collins Clyne Baker
Nolan Hazard Coutinho Silva Kim
Lambert Dzeko Soldado

Anyone got any thoughts? I can't think of a better 4.0 defender option to swap for Baker.. Might nede to swap Collins/Clyne depending on their injuries too.
Original post by Zerforax
Cech Boruc
Zabaleta Mertasacker Collins Clyne Baker
Nolan Hazard Coutinho Silva Kim
Lambert Dzeko Soldado

Anyone got any thoughts? I can't think of a better 4.0 defender option to swap for Baker.. Might nede to swap Collins/Clyne depending on their injuries too.

I like the midfield a lot. Forwards, will Dzeko be a regular? That's the reason I opted against him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Advice
I like the midfield a lot. Forwards, will Dzeko be a regular? That's the reason I opted against him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think for the first few weeks he will be. Jovetic and Negredo are new to the league so they will be given time to bed in and Aguero has only played a few minutes in the pre-season. So I reckon Dzeko will start but then will be rotated out. I have my eye on a few other strikers who can come in after a few weeks.
Original post by Zerforax
I think for the first few weeks he will be. Jovetic and Negredo are new to the league so they will be given time to bed in and Aguero has only played a few minutes in the pre-season. So I reckon Dzeko will start but then will be rotated out. I have my eye on a few other strikers who can come in after a few weeks.

Yeah the City strikers are hard to choose from. All four are quality but then you don't know who's gonna play what week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
AVB confirms to SSN that Bale won't play at the start of the season. Guess I need to transfer him out.

Latest