The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Dzeko is so frustrating to own. Easily could have had a hat-trick with a couple of assists
Original post by Futurism
Dzeko is so frustrating to own. Easily could have had a hat-trick with a couple of assists

I am annoyed that the new assist rule means he only gets one!! But I'm hoping that match brings good omens for Cardiff and Hull. I see Negredo similar to Aguero and Silva similar to Jovetic. Dzeko linked up play very well today and was unlucky not to score.

Really think Pellegrini might not have been having us on about him playing a fair bit!
Reply 982
Original post by Isometrix
It may have been me. I feel your pain because I did the same...

I need to calm myself, it's only GW1. Like they say - it's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'll forgive you seeing as you suffered too :tongue:

Yeah. I guess as long as you keep above the average score then you're not doing too badly, and i'm currently doing that and have 5 players to play on wednesday. I just wish I didn't captain bloody Lukaku.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Assist + clean sheet + 2 BP for Zabellta not too bad.

Puts me to 62 with 3 to play.

Most likely 1 - Aguero assist not been added yet.

Dzeko for 7.5 is decent value, not sure how many of those performances I can stomach. He was given man of the match and played fairly well, but he's going to be a pain in the arse if he keeps missing chances like those.

Kompany injury better not be serious either.
Boom! Dzeko got given another assist :biggrin:

That's 7 for Dzeko, 8 for Silva and 9 for Zabaleta pre-bonus.
Reply 985
Entered the league, team name - Camden.

Spoiler

Jesus Christ the FPL don't even know their own assist rule. Imagine if they'd actually been competent enough to have opened Ultimate FPL on time and this had happened :facepalm2:

First gameweek and they've already completely bottled it.
Reply 987
Dzeko lost the assist...

Zerforax
x

So 61 points since Zab gets the 1 BP.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Colbert
Jesus Christ the FPL don't even know their own assist rule. Imagine if they'd actually been competent enough to have opened Ultimate FPL on time and this had happened :facepalm2:

First gameweek and they've already completely bottled it.

Rules
If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

Rebounds
If a shot on goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded.

Either Dzeko was shooting, in which case number two applied, or, he intended it to go to Silva's position, in which case number 1 does not apply.

Such that they are right to award the assist.
Original post by mr tim
Dzeko lost the assist...

How ridiculous. The new rules are going to cause a lot of debate over the year. What is "intended".
Original post by one2three_abc
Either Dzeko was shooting, in which case number two applied, or, he intended it to go to Silva's position, in which case number 1 does not apply.

Such that they are right to award the assist.

Was aiming at Aguero though :holmes:
Original post by Colbert
Was aiming at Aguero though :holmes:

Who is to say that? Maybe he was aiming for Silva but can't cross for toffee? :holmes:

The change is silly, yes last season there were controversial 'assists' but it is much better that way than this. Ok, yeah, Dzeko's is a decent deflection, but at what point is a deflection acceptable? Too vague really, especially when MLs can be won by 3 points!
Regardless of FPL rules, I would never say that Dzeko provided an assist for that goal.
Original post by Cll_ws
Whoever it was that convinced me to swap Silva for Coutinho the other day, I don't like you :colonhash:

The tortoise beat the hare, remember that. 1 game week doesn't change much.
Original post by sr90

The hare went for a nap. It doesn't count! :tongue:
Reply 995
Original post by sr90

Yep. Plus I thought Coutinho looked really good against Stoke, so I won't be getting rid anytime soon
(edited 10 years ago)
Thought I'd get a few more bonus points from the Man City players last night..
Reply 997
Osvaldo for 8 then...
Original post by mr tim
Osvaldo for 8 then...

Wonder how much of an impact this will have on Lambert starting/playing 90 mins week in and out..
Original post by qr95
Hey colbert what rank did you finish last year that makes you do popular here

I wouldn't exactly say popular :rolleyes:

Latest