The Student Room Group

Woolwich Killer gets Teeth Knocked Out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm not at all sorry it happened, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear it was done by actual police officers. People who are actually meant to be "keeping the peace". Police officers are becoming violent thugs these days. Imagine if that had been someone innocent. Quite scary.

Original post by Seb.
I seriously doubt that police handles this way with innocent people... In other words, I don't think that it's a coincidence that it happened to him, not some other prisoner.

Original post by Lily-May King
Yes he is vile person for leaving killing such an honorable man and leaving his wife and 2 year old son without father. However recently police have been shown to be extremely dirty (Stephen Lawrence case), using unnecessary force and now this--it's disgusting. The police should be setting an example and not sinking to such levels

Original post by Xotol
I think the reason the police officers did this is because everyone knows he violently hacked down Lee Rigby on the street. It's a horrible, horrible crime, and they wanted to exact some pain for what he did to a British soldier.

I don't think they go around treating each prisoner like this.

Anyway, I agree, that this is unacceptable if true. No matter how low and disgusting the prisoner is, the police have a duty of maintaining appropriate conduct.

Worth remembering, all of you, that if this has happened as reported then the Police had sod all to do with it.

Prison Staff are not Police.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Revenge is not justice.

Is prison revenge? If not, why not? Seems like it is just a matter of degree.

Arguably, as this individual claimed to want to die for his beliefs, we should make him stay alive as long as possible.

His intentions and wishes should be irrelevant.
Reply 22
Original post by gloriamundi
Is prison revenge? If not, why not? Seems like it is just a matter of degree.

His intentions and wishes should be irrelevant.

Prison is removing someone from society for the benefit of the rest of society.

His wishes are entirely relevant. he wanted to die. He should not be afforded that 'escape'.
Reply 23
This man should have been hanged by now.

Let him die thinking he's a 'martyr'? Nah that's not the answer.
They should keep him in jail until he dies and hopefully he dies when he's like 100 or 90 so he can live a long, pointless and excruciatingly slow life away from all he loves and cares about!
Original post by The Angry Stoic
The hardest fight may not be defeating monsters but preventing ourselves becoming monsters in the process.

This sounds like a cheesy line from a rubbish movie.

In fact it's pretty much a mash up of a line from the Dark Knight trailer and a line from the Pacific Rim trailer.

Anyway, if I was fighting the Taliban in some desert, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't consider the 'hardest fight' to be maintaining my morality. I'd be far more concerned about all the bullets.
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
Worth remembering, all of you, that if this has happened as reported then the Police had sod all to do with it.

Prison Staff are not Police.

Yes, good point! I meant to say prison officers, but said police officers instead (everyone else said it). :tongue:
Original post by Drewski
Prison is removing someone from society for the benefit of the rest of society.

Killing someone is 100% effective at removing them from society permanently.

His wishes are entirely relevant. he wanted to die. He should not be afforded that 'escape'.

The law should be blind.
Justice.

No. That would be vengeance.
Original post by The Angry Stoic
No. That would be vengeance.

Whereas prison isn't?
Original post by paddyman4
This sounds like a cheesy line from a rubbish movie.

In fact it's pretty much a mash up of a line from the Dark Knight trailer and a line from the Pacific Rim trailer.

Anyway, if I was fighting the Taliban in some desert, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't consider the 'hardest fight' to be maintaining my morality. I'd be far more concerned about all the bullets.

Haha cheesy I know.

I obviously don't mean physically.
This man should have been hanged by now.

That would only make him a martyr to those that support him and have the same beliefs as him.
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm not at all sorry it happened, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear it was done by actual police officers. People who are actually meant to be "keeping the peace". Police officers are becoming violent thugs these days. Imagine if that had been someone innocent. Quite scary.

ITIYM ***prison*** officers.

Prison officers are not police officers, not by a long chalk.

Teeth can get knocked out by accident or deliberately, by someone else or self inflicted. If the prisoner decided to fight off the prison officers for some reason then he has only himself to blame in every way. If the prison officers decided to assault him, then yes they should be prosecuted, just as he is being prosecuted.

Personally, my take on it is that it is more than likely they were knocked out accidentally while they were restraining him face down on a concrete floor.

Now you can ask all the questions you like about why a well built and violent ideologically motivated murderer in a maximum security prison would need to be restrained in such a manner, but it is not beyond the realms of possibility that such a restraint was entirely justified. It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that it wasn't, but I do find it interesting that most people here have jumped to the conclusion of the latter rather than the former.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thunder_chunky
That would only make him a martyr to those that support him and have the same beliefs as him.

That's OK. They're next.
Its pretty easy to get teeth knocked out in a struggle a fall to the floor or onto someone's knee could easily have caused it. I'm not going to assume people who deal with scum everyday were so disgusted by this guy they risked their jobs to hurt him. These people deal with murderers, peados, rapists, I would think they are capable of controlling themselves around people they don't find very likeable. Very convenient for him too, that he was abused in prison keeping him in the news.
That's OK. They're next.

I'm sure they are. That aside I'd rather we didn't have the death penalty in this country.
Reply 35
It's disgusting.

I hope the officers involved get jailed.

There is a reason vigilante justice is illegal.

Plus kinda stupid of the officers, surely enough inmates would have wanted a go at him for what he did.
Reply 36
It's hard to feel sorry for him, but we I think we all know this kind of thing shouldn't really be happening in prison.
Reply 37
Absolutely disgraceful.
Original post by CelticSymphony67
I agree with this. The bloke is s scumbag. However, it is vital that the authorities treat him like any other prisoner, so we can keep the moral high ground.

Im not against it, but what are the benefits of having a moral high ground?
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Absolutely disgraceful.

Biased much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending